How to connect headlight to a VeloFox DM03 controller?

Hi,

I have a Babymaker ebike with a DM03 controller. The controller is supposed to be able to control a headlight but I don't know how it would be wired.

And the manual doesn't help much. It is here: DM03 Manual. And here is the image of the wiring:

View attachment 345750
I would like to connect an ULTRAMINI Light if possible.

Anybody has an idea?
Pretty sure we'd call that a display, not a controller. If you're using it with a bafang then I assume the lighting on/off signal comes from the controller which is in the motor housing. Beware if it's like the tsdz2 the lighting signal won't provide enough current for most lights, you'll need a dc-dc converter from the battery to drive the lights themselves with a relay or similar switching them on/off using the signal from the controller. See image below, headlight wires coming straight from the motor housing.

Attachments

• bafang-harness-pinout-2022.jpg
    bafang-harness-pinout-2022.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 6
Ok, a display then :) . Thanks for your feedback. New to this.

It's supposedly using an Aikema AKM-130 36v 350w motor which I so far haven't been able to find a manual for. I was expecting to pull the power from the battery, yes.

But this project my be more complicated than I thought..

Ok, a display then :) . Thanks for your feedback. New to this.

It's supposedly using an Aikema AKM-130 36v 350w motor which I so far haven't been able to find a manual for. I was expecting to pull the power from the battery, yes.

But this project my be more complicated than I thought..
Both the battery and controller are in the frame, and it doesn't look like the controller supports lighting, so you may need a custom solutions (access the battery connection and add a dc-dc converter with the voltage that works with your lights.

I will probably just forget about activating it via the display then. Thanks for taking a look :) .

Back