How to unlock the speed limit on my ebike? Any help appreciated

new6275

10 µW
Hello,
I recently bought ebike from china and I was wondering if there's any way to unlock the speed for it. Throttle speed is restricted to 6 km/h, and the pedal assist speed is limited to 25 km/h. How can I unlock the throttle and pedal assist restrictions?
My ebike has a display, but I cannot operate with it and It can only show speed and remaining battery level.
I've attached pictures below. I have no idea about any of this so any tips or nudges in the right direction would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Typically these are locked by the factory to comply with regulations in various localities. Some may have "secret" menu options to alter these settings, but many don't have any way to change them, as that defeats the legal regulations and may not be allowed where the item was being shipped to.

There are a number of threads here on ES and on other websites about this issue for various controller systems, and various bikes and scooters, that may have possible solutions, but without any info on which bike or controller/display set you have (internal pics don't really help with that), I can't point you to any specific ones.

Short of that, I can only suggest replacing the display and controller with a set that isn't locked, if your local regulations allow it (if you care about that). You'd need to make sure it's got the same current limit and voltage rating as your existing stuff, that it has all the same connectors (wired the same way) so you can plug your motor/etc into it, and that it has all the features you want out of it.

G'day there.
The limits are hard coded in the display unit. If it's a brand that's sold locally. You can get a "off road" display from a dealer & then you can add a fully working throttle, up the top speed & up the max power.

AussieRider

Typically these are locked by the factory to comply with regulations in various localities. Some may have "secret" menu options to alter these settings, but many don't have any way to change them, as that defeats the legal regulations and may not be allowed where the item was being shipped to.

There are a number of threads here on ES and on other websites about this issue for various controller systems, and various bikes and scooters, that may have possible solutions, but without any info on which bike or controller/display set you have (internal pics don't really help with that), I can't point you to any specific ones.

Short of that, I can only suggest replacing the display and controller with a set that isn't locked, if your local regulations allow it (if you care about that). You'd need to make sure it's got the same current limit and voltage rating as your existing stuff, that it has all the same connectors (wired the same way) so you can plug your motor/etc into it, and that it has all the features you want out of it.
Thank you for your reply. I was hoping to unlock the limiter without buying a new display and controller, but it seems hard to figure out how to unlock speed limiter with images of PCB. I'll try looking into past threads for more information.

G'day there.
The limits are hard coded in the display unit. If it's a brand that's sold locally. You can get a "off road" display from a dealer & then you can add a fully working throttle, up the top speed & up the max power.

AussieRider
Thank you for the info. I was hoping to do it without spending money, but it seems hard. If it doesn't work out, I'm considering taking it to a local store; they seem to offer controller modification for around $100, so I might give it a try.

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping to unlock the limiter without buying a new display and controller, but it seems hard to figure out how to unlock speed limiter with images of PCB. I'll try looking into past threads for more information.
If the description says it can be unlocked for off-road use, then it generally wouldn’t mean requiring disassembly. Can you post pics of all of the wires and their connectors that come out of the controller? It may be something as simple as a jumper.

Hmmm hard to see but you can check to see if there are any connector coming out of the controller that are not connected, or are connected to another wire coming out of the controller. Often there is a physical jumper to lock or unlock the speed or power limit, if it’s not done via the display.

Gee? Never heard of a person, bicycle, or any thing with no name? Any words written on the frame?

Type this in Google:

VNX48/60SVPRD-DRD01 speed limit

See lots.

Good luck!
Of course, I've searched on Google before posting here.Since I couldn't find the answer even after searching, I thought someone might know, but it seems difficult.I'll just pay the local store to unlock it.Thank you anyway.

I'll just pay the local store to unlock it.
Oh No. There are lots of smart electric bicycle mechanics here. The more clues you give them. Better the chances of finding a answer to your question. Are there any words written on the display? Take it off and examine carefully with a magnifying glass.

See this place selling same controller you got.
Please Note: Price doesn't including our Labor Cost for Modify
Send them a email and ask how to modify.

More fun learning about removing speed limits:

Sorry but I really find it hard to believe that a bike has no name? Did it come in a box? Was there any words on the box identifying what was inside? Any paper instructions?

Sorry if I am a pest, but I have decided to spend the rest of my life trying to figuring out how to remove the speed limit from a bike with NO NAME.

my ebike is no brand.
I attached additional images. I've tried removing each connector individually, but the speed limit was not removed. Thank you.
I found this on the net, but still no clear pictures of the wires and connectors, or any that may be jumpers.
I see it was already linked above. So it should have the usual 2 wire battery connector, 3 phase wires and a hall connector, a 3 wire PAS connector, and since it has PAS, and one or two low brake connectors. The OP has a display, but this model appears to have just the usual 3 wire throttle and 2 or 3 more wires for controller on/off and battery level; so there may be a dedicated optional display connector and a 5 wire throttle connector so it could work with either option.

Last edited:
Read all this. Might get some help on XH and other letters.

the names / letters on the pads for this vary a lot. i've seen br, bk, ebs, ebk, xh, etc, and sometimes its a combination of pads, like one that wires xh to ebrake low, etc.

Read all this. Might get some help on XH and other letters.
Thank you, but it didn't help, so I added a momentary switch on the handlebar to disable the speed limiter while accelerating. This is probably the simplest and easiest solution for me.

Back