ht motor and effiencey

Haste

100 W
Hello,
I want to get a HT3525, AND run 72-100v through it. I always have some crazy hills so it would work out great.

I have a 12 mile there and 12 mile back from work commute, will however charge at work.

According to the simulator, I can actually get 13 miles out of a 8AH pack. With a top speed of 35mph. Does this seem accurate? How many amps do I need to use, using HV in a torquey motor?

I dont want to use LIPO, but the motor(once I find one), will go on a DH frame.

Can I use the 8.4 hobbyking lifepo4? buy 6-7 of those bad boys? Come out to 500 dollars, but i dont mind paying 150 more for safety and higher cycles.

With my 3525 at 18s lipo on heavy hills but limited to 20mph I use about 310 watt hours for a 8.2 mile commute. This is 4.5Ah at 18s lipo.

From my build, 24s 10ah Lipo.

Peaks at 4.5kw :) (45amps @ 100.6v)

At 20mph it cruises at a mere 270-280w, on the flat and a still day.

Range 17-30 miles
Will climb ANY hill @ 29mph
Comfortable cruising at any speed from 5mph-40mph
Top speed 45mph

My ride to work combines some ridiculously steep hills, some up and some down; there are also a range of flat sections. In 18 minutes I cover 8.6 miles and use 3.6ah.

wow, so the HT motor really rocks at high voltage.

If i was going to cruise at a solid 35 mph on flats, what sort of voltage/amps should i run?

Any advice on those lifepo4 batts?

The ebikes simulator is very accurate imo, well worth having a play around if you haven't already.

18s lipo would be the best all rounder imo. 24s is fun though and I like having the extra available, even if I rarely use it.

Regarding the range, you might get the 13 miles out of the 8 ah, but getting 8 ah out of an 8 ah pack is another story.

I'd aim for 10 ah. x 100v, that's a respectable 1kwh of power. Cruising 35 won't take that many watts, 1500-2000. 1750w for 30 min is under 1kwh. But getting to 35 you might dump a lot more than the simulator indicates. Every stop will murder your wh/mi.

Ok, Looks like the 9s 5800mah zippy compacts are the best value for the buck right now. 400 shipped for 4 of em, which comes to 72v 11.6ah(still very shy of 100v)...

any idea for battery? I can get 6 of the lifepo4 from hobby king which is about 70v 8.4ah, thats 490 shipped....but how to bulk charge 6 lifepo4s? lol

cant seem to find the HT motor at all....I want one already laced.

I have a hyperion 1420i..and a bike. thats all for now. So I will need motor, controller, batteries, and harness. Possibly a bulk charger.

Seems like batteries can be a pain, breaking them down one by one to balance charge...ugh.

Try ebikessf for the 3525 and wheel.

I think your battery amount may be marginal but you could conceivably add cells later. I love lipo but respect them greatly.

I use a printer cable plug for the balance wires and a six wire plug to switch from series to parallel for charging.

if i dont go lipo whats my other options for high voltage....pretty much nothing I believe, unless I spend 1k+ on 20ah pouches.

Can you even get the lipo? HK has been out of stock with much of the most popular E bike sizes for months it seems.

I ordered a single cell, supposedly in stock, more than a week ago. Still not shipped. Grr.

You'll still want a balancing charger around the house, even if you bulk charge. Might ask EM3ev if he has 72v chargers, you never know. His 48v 5 amps charger is really nice for lipo bulk charging. You could do two 36v ones, but not as nice as one 72v.

yeah thats true. I did order a pack 3 weeks ago..one week later nothing so I cancelled the order.

I already have a hyperion 1420i.

I might just build up a vintage 2 stroke moped....for 6-700 I can build up a 40mph bike that will do my commute.

dogman said:
Can you even get the lipo? HK has been out of stock with much of the most popular E bike sizes for months it seems.

I ordered a single cell, supposedly in stock, more than a week ago. Still not shipped. Grr.

You'll still want a balancing charger around the house, even if you bulk charge. Might ask EM3ev if he has 72v chargers, you never know. His 48v 5 amps charger is really nice for lipo bulk charging. You could do two 36v ones, but not as nice as one 72v.

I placed 3 orders during a 2 week period. I contacted them through their live chat and they processed the orders within a couple of days and shipped. You have to prod them a little. :)

I put myself on HK notifications for the 5Ah 6 cell turnigy and receive periodic notifications. I'm now sorry that I was in a rush and used 2650mAh batteries because the 5Ah batteries seem to come up every few weeks.

anybody here use the compact zippys? I wanna use the 9s..2 for 18s..

Going to buy 4 for 72v 11.6 ah...this will give me good range(20 miles if consverative, probly 18 WOT).. If I get hungry later I will throw another 2 9s packs for 27s, But i highly doubt it! Maybe another 2 for range to give me 17.2 ah.

4 lipos is keeping it very simple. I dont know how you guys manage 10+4s hardcases. If I leave 2 sets perm parallel. I can charge 2 packs with 2 hyperions at same time...for a few hours charge.

I would love to bulk charge, however scared..

Do you guys think i would like a 20" wheel better? If I get a HT, I might aswell splurge for the new HT40 motor....It does like 30mph on 48v.

i haven't used the HT series motors yet so I cant chime in on that, But keep in mind if you get 9s packs they will have 2 balance leads on each pack. Sometimes it can cause charging setup problems and confuse things a little. nothing a harness cant fix.

I know people say the Turning C rating is better than the Zippy but im not sure about the Compact series. They seem to always be out of stock on the proper sizes when I'm
looking to spend :)

Back