i just saw mythbusters and they had an electric bike

monster

100 kW
there was a tidal force bike in the background. it was in the episode with the steam powered cannon. they seemed to be purposely trying to "accidentally" get it in shot.

i think Jamie is very pro electric because he used a EV motor in on of the other myths. .....me thinks he has a home made electric car!

Those guys are just a few miles away from me.

I want their job.

Blow things up for a living? yeah, I could get into that :twisted:

I suppose they're too famous to talk to me....

I remember seeing the bike in that episode.

They also have those drill powered Rollerblades.

Plus, I think most of the crew are Aussies.

Yeah, it's a Beyond productions show isn't it? Aussie company.

I'm always a bit freaked out by the casual use of guns on Mythbusters.

One day one of them is going to blow their foot off :shock:

Ja, I saw a segment where they were firing a shotgun into a water tank and blew the whole thing apart. :roll:

monster said:
there was a tidal force bike in the background. it was in the episode with the steam powered cannon. they seemed to be purposely trying to "accidentally" get it in shot.

i think Jamie is very pro electric because he used a EV motor in on of the other myths. .....me thinks he has a home made electric car!

Yeah, I see their electric bikes all the time in episodes. Maybe we need them to do a mythbusters episode about the myth that e-bikes are slow :D

knightmb said:
monster said:

Yeah, I see their electric bikes all the time in episodes. Maybe we need them to do a mythbusters episode about the myth that e-bikes are slow :D

Arranged that could be.

"Does an electric bike can go fast like 60mph?"

Myth definitly BUSTED

I just wonder if we will see an episode like that!

post a suggestion on their forum. I'm pretty sure Discover Channel have a forum that take suggestion for it. You don't know they might take you up on it, maybe they'll do some research here and credit this site.

There's already a thread about whether a bicycle is the most efficient form of transport.

They should compare an Ebike vs a car vs a bike :)

My favorite show on Discovery. In fact,one of my favorite shows .period.
Although sometimes they 'bust' myths that I have experienced to be true.

I'd love to get paid to do that kind of stuff though

I never noticed any e-bikes, but then, I'm always 'multi-tasking' when the TV is on, so I usually miss the more subtle things.

It would be cool if they would do a segment on electric bikes etc.

i think the myth that electric bikes are slow needs busting. my cousin thought that those mini motos were capable of much faster speeds.

i think that a drag race is needed. same weight all vehicles.

see my "electric vehicles are slow" post

i don't really know what the answer is so it defiantly needs busting either way.

the more people reply to that topic the more chance that electric vehicles will get coverage on their show.

remember they like explosions and stuff that makes good telly. so efficiency myths would not get a look in.

I dunno about this one. It just seems a little trivial. I mean electric trains can go fast, real fast.

They like challenges. So something like you can make an electric bike for $2000 that can accelerate faster than a sports car. It also gets the public interested in electric vehicles.

Since they like explosion, you could suggest during their bike comparison, they could experiment with battery chemistry. Try to blow up a few batteries. If not they can juiced their rides and blow some fets. Eitherway explosions are fun.

does it need to be a classic myth? or will any urban legend we make up do?

Ben said:
I dunno about this one. It just seems a little trivial. I mean electric trains can go fast, real fast.

They like challenges. So something like you can make an electric bike for $2000 that can accelerate faster than a sports car. It also gets the public interested in electric vehicles.

Humm... well:

kit 1 with 2000$ to beat a sports car:

-2 ETEK parallel motor
-15s10p A123 cells FROM USED DEFFECTIVE PACK (1400A 45V)
-1000A zilla controller
-a stock mointainbike

kit 2 with 2000$ to beat a sports car:

-2x Clyte 5304 (rear +front)

-2x 50A 4110 upgrade controller

-15s10p A123 cells FROM USED DEFFECTIVE PACK (1400A 45V)

:twisted:

0-70kmh 3sec?

Doc

do batteries explode is quite a good one.

"whats more dangerous petrol or hydrogen" is another.

hmm petro or hydrogen. That's an obvious one. Hydrogen is more energy dense. Got first hand experience of it. Did one of those specific heat of water experiment for chemistry lab, where you mix sulfuric acid and magnesium strip. Release heat and hydrogen gas. It was done in 2 styrofoam cup, i decided to test it and took a match to my cup. Went off with a bang and got me an F for the lab. Good times. Mythbuster will probably one up that with huge tank full of hydrogen and apply flame thrower to it.

nar petrol is way more energy dense than hydrogen. petrol and diesel are the most energy dense things on the planet baring say nuclear stuff.

petrol is more energy dense than TNT

I'll see you and raise you a nice wikipedia table.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_density#Energy_density_in_energy_storage_and_in_fuel

Now if we could just convert mass directly to energy. Let's see the mythbusters do that!

I still like my idea. Anyway, have they tested whether you can outrun a fireball/explosion yet?

Wow. Polyethylene has more energy density that "Gasahol", a 90% Petrol, 10% Ethanol blend, which is actually what I put in my car...when I use it :)

Coal is crap (lower than body metabolism)....and TNT is tiny?

I love the zero point energy rating :lol:

Back