Infineon 72 volt 40a upper limit?

Kent

1 kW
Hi folks:

I recently purchased this controller from Grin. This is their description:

"The Infineon controller units we carry have several modifications from the 'stock' models. These include:

NEW! Wide Voltage Range: As of July 2011, the regulator design on these controller circuits has been upgraded so that they will operate over full range of voltage with no need to open up and change onboard resistors. 19-60V with the 20A and 35A models, and 26-88V with the 25A and 40A models.
Better Mosfets: We supply the manufacturer with locally sourced mosfets that have significantly better characteristics than the stock models, which results in a controller that runs cooler and is more robust.
Reinforced Bus Bars: The power traces on the ciruitboard are reinforced with solid copper wire for better conductivity and less chance of burnt traces.
100V Capacitors: We have all of our controllers made with large 100V 105oC rated bus capacitors. These capacitors are better able to handle high ripple currents and don't need to be replaced if the controller is modified for 72V or higher operation."

I currently am running two Cellman 36 v 11.5 ah packs in series for 72 volts. The BMS's turn it off dead on at 11 ah used. Right now I have the CA's upperlimit set at 38A and it seems to peak at around 2500 watts. Can I set it much over 40A?

Thanks

Back