Jayhawk A1 - a 499$ 50mph ebike on Indiegogo

Hertzelz

1 W
Hi,

Today I got into this interesting Indiegogo campaign that promises a 50mph bike for 499$... and also worldwide shipping included in the price...............
Well.... what can I say, It maybe seems too good to be true.

Is Indiegogo provides some kind of money protection agains some 'suspicious' campaigns? I personally went for the 'Easy-perk' option: Pay some now and the rest when its delivered..... Even that is suspicious :roll:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jayhawk-a1-up-to-50mph-electric-bike/x/10200805#/story

I'd like to hear your opinions guys

Hertzelz said:
If you were suspicious, and you think it's too good to be true, why would you ask opinions AFTER spending money? :roll:

Even the non electric bike parts are more expensive than the price of the bike. How can one believe they can deliver on their promise?

amberwolf said:
Hertzelz said:
If you were suspicious, and you think it's too good to be true, why would you ask opinions AFTER spending money? :roll:

You can cancel a pledge easily until the campaign is over - and theres 10 days.

I've got an opinion:
dodgey as hell
Why so?
1.no pictures of a built bike.....computer generated pictures only
2. no mention of motor brand, batteries, controller etc. No evidence they have any knowledge
of ebikes, apart from being able to get a picture made of one.
3. they mention a customer in Nepal.....why?......Nepal is a poor country, ebikes are pretty much non-existant in nepal,
they mainly ride indian made old style, or cheap mountain bike styles from china. I've never seen an ebike in nepal after many visits to that country.
4. No evidence they have any experience with ebikes. Never seen them on esforum. No evidence they have experience with
ebikes or dealing with chinese manufacturers.
5. Price point is not realistic.
6. Site says "Portugal" is region for the project.
Dodgey as hell

anyone else notice the rear brake rotor in that CGI bike is on the wrong side.. making an "impossible" frame setup... ?

Back