Just bought some Turnigy 5000mAH 6S for EVGlobal

I have a 24V EVGlobal with no battery pack. So i bit the bullet and just spent 200 bucks on lipo at hobbyking and got the imax B8 charger and powersupply.

Anyone have a clue which prong on the battery compartment on the EV global is the positive and which is the negative?

I was thinking I would parallel the two 5000mah batteries. Does anyone know who sells the connectors that would connect well with these batteries?

thanks

Get into the wiring on the other end, in the frame, and the red wire will be positve. That will tell you which contact is the + one. There may also be color coded wiring in the box. Inside the box, you will need to splice the balance wires together and then extend them so the balance plug can reach the charger. Then the power wires could be spliced to the battery box wiring with wire nuts, including a couple new wires to attach the charger to in the process. Don't build the charger into the battery box, it needs to ventilate. 6s lipo will be a little weak, but it should work great compared to sla's. I bet the bikes handling really improves. 7s would be ideal, so maybe you could add 1s lipo later, carried elsewhere, and spliced in series with the 6s 10 ah pack.

Oh, Duh, maybe you don't even have the box? in that case, you could still fabricate something to go in the same place. Cut out the contacts, and just extend wiring to the battery location. If you want the batteries removable for charging, many of us just put 45 amp andersons on the lipo packs.

Back