Kingfish meet-up this weekend San Francisco to Marin?

Luke, I was at the dirtbag event at 3pm, didn't see u there,
that tall bike was pretty nutty...

did see a guy on a Cannondale Jackal with in frame battery pack and rear hub motor....

and a motorbike with fork less front end (like a bimota)
A.N.D. motorcycle if I recall...

and a ninja500 with fairing that did the CraigVetter milage contest...

a midget with a reverse trike..

and a bunch of hooligans doing burn out.... :mrgreen:

not enough girls though, a total sausage fest... :D

[youtube]XpB-AGYRi3E[/youtube]

[youtube]_auySfjqZRo[/youtube]

Sk8norcal- I looked for you. Did you not watch us burnout until the tire blew and the coolant burst out of the engine? Then later rode it through the crowd on a shredded blown tire/rim. We won 3 of the 5 awards! That makes us the biggest dirtbags!

I am at the Conservatory of Flowers @ GGP; if standing south and looking north at the big white building I would be off to tne right in a nook next to a solo tree sunning myself. Hope you can find me :)

- KF

Lyen said:
Sacman saids he drove from Irvine to the San Rafael airport but could not find us there and still on his way to meet Kingfish as of this writing.
Actually, I drove up from Santa Barbara (5 hours) and parked in Sausalito and rode my ebike 18 miles to San Rafael Airport. I was running about an our late in getting to San Francisco and I thought everyone already left SF and was already making their way across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin side. So I thought I could catch the group by driviing ahead across the GG bridge and parked in Sausalito (Best Buy parking lot). I got the ebike out of the car and made my way to the bike trail and rode all the way up to San Rafael Airport.

I had no idea (untill later) that KF was running 2 hours late himself.
fechter said:
I hung around the airport until 5:00pm and didn't see any signs of bicycle activity.
I guess you guys detoured.
[/quote]

Oh man!... I totally missed you Fechter. Were you at the gate the whole time? I was at San Rafael Airport from about 3:15pm until 5:30pm. I was by the restrooms charging my batteries. The whole airport is surrounded by metal fence. There was a big sliding metal security gate in the front by the flag pole. I waited around and a car pulled up opened the gate and I followed them in. They just kind of smiled at me an my ebike as I rode in. So after 20 minutes riding around the hangars looking for a group of ebikers I gave up. I needed to find a place to charge my batteries for my 18 mile ride back to Sausalito. I found an electrical socket by the restrooms so I plugged in my charger and started charging my lipos.

Kingfish said:
I am at the Conservatory of Flowers @ GGP; if standing south and looking north at the big white building I would be off to tne right in a nook next to a solo tree sunning myself. Hope you can find me :)

- KF

Luv to meet you but I'm back in SoCal now. Sorry I missed you man! Have a strong and enjoyable rest of the journey!

Sacman said:
Oh man!... I totally missed you Fechter. Were you at the gate the whole time? I was at San Rafael Airport from about 3:15pm until 5:30pm. I was by the restrooms charging my batteries. The whole airport is surrounded by metal fence. There was a big sliding metal security gate in the front by the flag pole. I waited around and a car pulled up opened the gate and I followed them in. They just kind of smiled at me an my ebike as I rode in. So after 20 minutes riding around the hangars looking for a group of ebikers I gave up. I needed to find a place to charge my batteries for my 18 mile ride back to Sausalito. I found an electrical socket by the restrooms so I plugged in my charger and started charging my lipos.

Oh crap, I guess I couldn't see you from the gate. I figured I'd see bikes around somewhere.

I did finally hook up with Kingfish, Lyen and Green Machine today. I got to ride Eric's twin Astro powered KMX trike. OMG! :twisted: I've never ridden anything like that before. Total white knuckle ride through the streets of San Francisco and Golden Gate park. If you give throttle just a little too fast the wheel breaks loose. Thing tops out around 40mph and accelerates like a bat out of hell. I think even LFP would like it. Bummer was that somehow my camera fell out of my pocket onto the road somewhere and was lost. We traced the route back, but no sign of it. May have been road-killed by a Muni bus or something anyway. That will teach me to never try pedaling the KMX again.

Kingfish had an awesome rig too, but in a different way. I've never seen that much lithium on a bike before. I can't imagine riding that far on a bike either. He gets a lot of respect in my book. I can't wait to see his write up on the trip.

Nice to meet Lyen in person too. I work close to him, but we've never hooked up before.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone- I had a great time meeting you all and chatting about the bikes, etc. Can't wait for the next SF Bay ebike party, I'm sure it will be even better :D

Nice Vid Ed! It gives a good sensation of speed. Just got to tighten up that camera from moving around.

Thanks, that was fun. Next time we should swap around bikes as well.

This was what caused me to miss this ride. I think you guys will understand. :) The tall double-decker-bike was our bike.

[youtube]j9mbbyo3iIc[/youtube]

robohead said:
Count me in next time. I'm down in San Mateo.
The Bay Area is my 2nd home after Seattle, and not too far from awesome Austin either! So you betcha :)

Cheers, KF

Back