KT Controller recommendation

multifrag

100 W
Do all KT controllers work with KT compatible screens? What's the benefit of having Bluetooth dongle? Can it be used as a replacement of the screen. I'm having difficulty finding an android app for it.

I will be running it with 9c hub motor(halls included). Nothing over 30A. Might even change out the mosfets to keep the heat as low as possible and do front panel connector mod to keep the cables clean.

I'm eyeing the 12fet controller and combining it with lcd4 screen.

About the only wisdom I can add to your question regarding compatibility of KT clone displays to genuine KT controllers is my sole experience. Bike came with what I believe is a KT clone display (part number on the back does not start with KT), and a generic controller.
Replaced the controller with a larger genuine KT controller (25A Sine) and genuine LCD8 screen. Just out of curiosity tried the original what I believe is a clone LCD3 display, and the KT controller .... worked perfectly.

I don't see any benefit from bluetooth with that set up, you can already do all the programing right on the display. My bike has a 35 amp KT compatable controller, with a KTLCD3. My controller has 18 fet and hardly gets warm installed outside in the air.
20170626_203443.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
I don't see any benefit from bluetooth with that set up, you can already do all the programing right on the display. My bike has a 35 amp KT compatable controller, with a KTLCD3. My controller has 18 fet and hardly gets warm installed outside in the air.
20170626_203443.jpg

Do you know if it's possible to program/adjust in regen for one thumb cycling on lcd4? I've contacted KT about the bluetooth dongle and they are reluctant to provide one unless I order a lot of units...

multifrag said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
20170626_203443.jpg

Do you know if it's possible to program/adjust in regen for one thumb cycling on lcd4? I've contacted KT about the bluetooth dongle and they are reluctant to provide one unless I order a lot of units...

Here's a link to the KTLCD4 user manual. I think what you're looking for is on page 40
http://www.topbikekit.com/LCD4%20display.pdf

Theodore Voltaire said:
multifrag said:
Here's a link to the KTLCD4 user manual. I think what you're looking for is on page 40
http://www.topbikekit.com/LCD4%20display.pdf

Page 40 looks like a voltage offset. Looked through the pdf and can't find anything similar to regen settings. Maybe It's only possible with the app or bigger screen?

I guess it's actually page 39. They're calling it as ABS braking strength. Referring to it as braking makes more sense, because you can regen all you want, but it ends up amounting to buttkiss. As a brake, regen works pretty good though.

Capture.JPG

Theodore Voltaire said:
I guess it's actually page 39. They're calling it as ABS braking strength. Referring to it as braking makes more sense, because you can regen all you want, but it ends up amounting to buttkiss. As a brake, regen works pretty good though.

Capture.JPG

Thank you, I was wondering what they meant by ABS. For a second I thought they implement similar addon as bosch with their actual ABS brakes

Back