Votes: 2 22.2%
  • pocket bikes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bicycals

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Custom thin'a'ma'jigs

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
My arm is messed up right now, so give me a day to heal up and I will post more track picks, if the wind dies down tomarow I will get real numbers for the 40x100ft track set ups. (I would have gotten them done yesterday, but my friend did not show up till it was dark out and too late to see the marks I made on the black top to align the track right :x )

:mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen: :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCp_yKjWkRI
A fun day that the cops let me have, watch the video......... :wink:

Ice racing at its best! That looks like a blast.

Whatsup with the local law enforcement?
Did you offer him a ride? :twisted:

fechter said:
Ice racing at its best! That looks like a blast.

Whatsup with the local law enforcement?
Did you offer him a ride? :twisted:

Funny you ask, he was sitting there, when I was setting the track up, I think he was doing radar on the the lake street. He then moved his car(jeep) so he could watch me and his radar mission. What sucks now is the local cops know now who that crazy guy on the electric bike that has ben flying through town now is :shock:

Just got done with the Japanese Sunrise video (8:AM racing)
it said it was 7*f. out side, I belive it! my charge lasted like 30min(untill there was a drop in take off torque) you could tell the SLA's where getting beat up bad! So lets see how many more rides I can get in this day with my quick charger....(1hour charge cycle, the motor will not even have a chance to cool down when the batteries are charged)

I am converting the video for youtube right now, it will be uploaded as soon as that is done

(update: 24min later)
My WiFi is not being good today, my nabor must be blocking his router with his fat ass! B channels cant pass throughbutts, and G channels cant pass through guts(fat ass's) LoL Well I will have to wait till he is done playing his 16hours of daily "World-Of-War-Craft"..... Every one has ther own type of crack you know, mine is EV forums and L-EV construction and modding, at least I use the net to learn.....gamers :roll: :?:

PS, my nabors are not fat, I dont think they play WoWC any ways, just a joke to have to think about :D

(update: 33min later)
now up to 25%upload complete!!!!! :| :roll: :x

Japenese Sunrise video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08P7hBy_-qs

8:15 a.m.
The race begins, did any one even hear me? I dont think so..... All you could hear was studded tires hitting the ground and my chain slapping a bit, two things that could be made noise free! I was out for about 40 minutes(10min setup/takedown time, 30min non stop ride time) at 7*F. as my out door tempreture, the SLA's I use (because I dont have the cash for any thing better) were taking a beating of a life time freezing and dumping as much curent as they could given the "Xtream" conditions.

Now why do I call it ice racing if I am on blacktop? Well, the snow turns to ice the more I ride and the places you see no snow on the ground is actualy very ice'E. I almost crash in every turn because it is so hard to line the bike up for the entrance of the ice groove in the Apex of the turns while the back is sliding all over with brakes locked up and the inside foot pushing as hard as you can to to make that Apex rite so you can progress through the turns with good time....With over 12hours of ride time now invested in the "U" track desing, it is now getting very ice'E and several good grooves are starting to form in the turns and even the largest turn of the track is getting nice to take at almost 50% (20mph'ish) side ways !

I am very happy with the way about how I make my tracks, and the info will be posted with a video on all the tracks I have made so far in the L-EV Racing League page. All the tracks so far only require less then 45cones wich is great, because most sporting good stores only have about 50cones in stock at a time......and with simple walk out cone placement, the tracks form very quickly and even under 5min once you mark your cone placement with chalk or paint for the next time you want to practice or race.

Any one want to take part?! I need at least 5-20 riders min. by mid feb.

MiKeM :D

7*F... Bless your pointed little head.

A video would be tops.

:mrgreen:

TylerDurden said:
A video would be tops.

there is a video, it is the youtube link on my last post :wink:

Update:
Today, it is getting warmer out, 34*F. today, my poor track is melting away to a wet blacktop track!!! LoL it is like them chocolets with the toys inside you get from Sweedon(LoL if I mispelled it) Now I must put some more air in my tires for black top traction, should see less then 20 second times now on the 300ft center line of the track...those are great numbers seeing that I pulled a 300ft on my pocketbike in a streight line at 12sec.....

I have more videos to upload onto youtube :mrgreen:

mr_exon said:
TylerDurden said:
A video would be tops.
there is a video, it is the youtube link on my last post :wink:
:oops:

Watchin that, I wuz grinnin... :mrgreen:

I just came back in from another run, on the wet blacktop, I pulled a 14.5secont lap! 14.5 seconds on a course that is 300ft long!!!!!!!!(that is booking as fast as your tires can hold on, if it was dry I dare say I could see a 10second lap time!!!!View attachment test.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuib0ZPLe1Y

Very fast run with the Ice bike on almost dry serface, sub 15second times

Here is for Mr_Exon :idea: :arrow: this is track layout Best for Fast in staight to First left tight turn
then go fast the right turn then tight left go med fast to tight right then left, left, right, left
Curve build go Fast then staight allow go maxuim speed ......... :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock:

The Start line to First turn about 500~600 ft long (the layout 600 ft x 300 ft areas)/(20 Ft Wide)

What you think ??

Craig Uyeda
Deafscooter

I cant make the tracks that big, these are for individuals that are like me, that live over 6hours from a race track for small bikes/scooters...
I made the test tracks small because all my rest of my cones are in storage in rochester a half a day away from were I live now...So as of right now I only have access to about 40 cones that I had left in the trunk of my car "cause you never know when you will need them"....Thrfor, I can only make my test tracks untill mid Feb when I will get the rest of my track gear and also fab my new Racing pocketbike together. Trust me, Feb is coming quick and I would like to see more people intrested in this...

I would like to make the race tracks with under15ft wide lanes, and to not to get bigger then 100ft by 100ft total track lay out so the lap times will be under 30 seconds so people will have great numbers with any skill level. I dont mind High speed streights, but I really like turny tracks that demand rider control and braking skills, they end up getting the racers a more stoked feeel! :wink:

Update:

Track making day starts in the hour for me, this time I will record the proccess for every one to see and understand how easy it is to make a track from as little as $40 worth of cones. Here are some of the skills I will go over in the video:

1.) Setting track outline
2.) How to make a perfect turn with five steps
3.) How to make perfect streights Streight
4.) cone marking for easy cone placement the next time you set the track up
5.) What kind of maintence you need to do with a parking lot track to keep the traction and keep it safe

I have been trying for most of last week to today to update my youtube with like 7 new videos. My problem is every time I I try, the upload fails at like80% witch sucks. Today I loaded a memory card up with the videos and used a couple computers other then my own, more problems..... :roll: Now the first computer did not read my files, then the next could not connect with youtube....on the 3rd computer now today and you tube finally posted that they were working on the system and most functions are disabled at the time,,,,,, :x :!: :idea: well there is always tomarow? :wink:

80x40.2.jpg

Steps to make the track:

1.) Laying the center of the track from end to end.
STEP A.) drop first cone (the cone at the top most part of the track in the pic) then walk 15 heal to toe steps on a straight line towards the center, then drop the next cone. Now 15 more heal to toe steps keeping in line with the first two cones and drop the 3rd cone(these cones are the inside and out side for the large outer turn and smaller inside turn) Now walk 10 heal to toe steps and place the next cone and so on till you hit 100 total steps(every one's track may be 1-2 ft off because of foot sizes of course)

STEP B.) Now using the "Center line" of cones to work from, go back to the first cone you dropped and walk 10heal to toe steps left or right horizontal to the center line cones (left to right on the picture) and drop a cone and walk another 10 heal to toe steps and place the out side cone of the track and repeat this with the next cones down the center line untill you have five rows of cones that measure 40 feet by 100feet (abouts)...then make sure the cones are all straight with each others their rows.

STEP C.) making easy turns fast: Go to the four outer cones, then pick one up at a time and step 5 heal to toe steps at a 45* angle into the turn. The track should look like a oval track sort of now. Now go to the second top row of cones and do the same step to the inside turn....then you need to walk to the center of the other side of the track(100ft) to the center outer cone and use two cones to make the inside of turns 2 and 3... The track should be very pronounced now and all you have to do is place the flat cones on the bottom of the turns(if you have or use them, they dont knock over or move around too much) {{Note}}: >>>>>>the bottom of all turns should be 15 steps from the out side of the turn remember<<<<<<

there the track is made, have fun and ride it safe and check on your breaks often because you will be using them a lot!

MiKeM :wink:

Today I took my bike out 100-200ft away from shore line. there was about 6"-1ft of powder covering a nice flat 5-10ft thick of ice for real racing and track making :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rK1CQ5oycE
here is the long awaited track making video, that I could never get uploaded onto youtube untill today

Sad news.......

I really dont know what to be thinking at this point, no one has even shown any intrest in even joining the L-EV racing League, so come Feb 1st I am quitting and givving up this part of my life for ever.... ever since I started with EV's over 3.5 years ago I have over come many obsticles and a lot of hate, but now I cant deal with it any more. The pain that come with no cash flow to support your own dreams can melt what little bit of life you had left for that love. Now I must go, yes I am giving up. What sucks about this is, many of you that have talked to me know that I was 110% dedicated to what I do here.

"I'm Broken now" :(
MiKe M.

here is the long awaited track making video, that I could never get uploaded onto youtube untill today

Sad news.......

I really dont know what to be thinking at this point, no one has even shown any intrest in even joining the L-EV racing League, so come Feb 1st I am quitting and givving up this part of my life for ever.... ever since I started with EV's over 3.5 years ago I have over come many obsticles and a lot of hate, but now I cant deal with it any more. The pain that come with no cash flow to support your own dreams can melt what little bit of life you had left for that love. Now I must go, yes I am giving up. What sucks about this is, many of you that have talked to me know that I was 110% dedicated to what I do here.

MiKe M.

Sad news.......

MiKe M.

Well, like many of us, you are just ahead of your time. :cry:
When EV's become more mainsteam, racing leagues will become more popular.
Right now it's a challenge to get more than 10 EV's of any kind gathered in the same spot.

Just keep those plans in storage until the time comes....

fechter said:
Right now it's a challenge to get more than 10 EV's of any kind gathered in the same spot.
:arrow: In total agreement on this one.

I had mentioned this to mr_exon before but he didn't really understand that it would be true. 20 years ago I tried to get some sort of "Downhill Bicycle Road Racing" going and even got my bikes featured in BMX magazines and even gave a few frames away for free to try to get things started. It wasn't until just recently that the "Gravity Games" made the "Gravity Bike" an actual racing class.

People don't appreciate the true nature of change... real change is always slow and frustrating. If things seem to move fast it's really only because it moved slowly for many years before and no one noticed.

One day electric vehicle racing will be popular... but you need patience... :wink:

I think it would work..

All I wanted people to do is set up some cones and do a video log of their fastest lap they have the skill to ride on ther own time but still done by a set date/time and all...This is simple fun and the track is as close as the week end at a closed parking lot near your own home.....Doesn't any one just want to have fun with on even a $400 budget to make a bike(or buy it if that is the way you go about it) and like $40 for some cones?

make the bike fit in the back seat of a common car (for transport reasons)
and then prove it on the course, it is simple and FUN! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqaOG0D4MDU
some closed course racing(inverted tri oval)
on my pocket bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IojIYLJkXjo
A look at my ExVolt1500z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGZhsYfbkI
my invention at work(thingamajig)
sort of fun practice goofing around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5T5wPhlZs&feature=related
cone action, spaced 3ft apart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRyj1v8XQ6A&feature=related
4ft apart, a bit faster

why do I want to race? I am board of practice day in day out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNDlpHfELe4
"Knees Woop Woop"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icJubCvH2YM
(first person, tank mounted camera...watch in large screen mode)

lastly, the day my helmet save my life, after this video, I did a really bad high side and got upside down 5ft of the ground and I hit so Hard I thought my helmet broke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sPgPb5L6ZE

and the crowd goes wild :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgEeMkFCt6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhfclc6_dmI&feature=related

Back