la Nina rears her ugly head

Predictions had been for rain tomorrow, only 20% chance, but still something to go along with the 108F predicted high. Now it's changed to nothing until 10% chance thurs night, and 30% chance Friday day and night.

Today was predicted to be around 106F, and it got up to over 111F.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 109F, and my guess is more like 115F for what we'll really see. Perfect day for moving an upright piano by myself on the trike & trailer, starting in the hottest part of teh afternoon. :/ I'd've enjoyed the rain (piano could be covered). Can't do it some other day; it's only gonna get hotter.

Friday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep3+shtml/083642.shtml?tswind120#contents

It's back: El Niño expected later this year, forecasters say
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/its-back-el-ni-c3-b1o-expected-later-this-year-forecasters-say/ar-AAyFESe

Saturday Night
A slight chance of rain after 11pm. Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 53. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light west in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday
A slight chance of rain before 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 74. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Now the Wonky Weather Service has removed all rain chances from the forecast, but we are enjoying weekend temps in the 70s. Unfortunately for us, temps in the upper 90s are coming by the end of next week. :twisted:

On again, off again. The Wonky Weather Service waffles on the forecast again. :roll:
The clouds did look threatening at sunset, but looks are often deceiving. The Temeku phenomenon along with what's called the Elsinore Convergence Zone, makes forecasting here quite difficult I imagine. :lol:

Tonight
Patchy drizzle with a slight chance of rain. Mostly clear early, then becoming cloudy, with a low around 54. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday
Patchy drizzle with a slight chance of rain before 11am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

I guess we're swapping weather for a few days. Supposed to be near 100F today and tomorrow in my area.

Back to temps over 100°f by Thursday. I hope The Kid arrives well before Christmas, we really need some rain this water year which begins tomorrow. :mrgreen:
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/enso/madden-julian-oscillation-has-been-active-so-far-winter-here-why-it-matters

So far, despite the early months' significant overheating, it's actually cooler than usual so far this month, by several degrees. I havent seen much in the way of 110F+ temps so far this month, and nothing near 120F. Average temps seem lower too.

I'ts not much, since it's still usually just under 110F highs, but we've had a number of days like today and yesterday that are less than 105F.

Was even cool enough yesterday to go up on the roof in the late afternoon and re-cover the roof A/C unit with styrofoam cooler sections to make it more efficient.

More details if interested:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49550&p=1391494#p1391494

It was around 100F here yesterday, but this morning it's snowing. Well, not really snow, but ashes from a wild fire about 50 miles away are falling and the cars are covered with it. The smoke is so thick it's blocking out the sun. Luckily the smoke is still high level and at the ground here it's not bad (yet).

97 with 78% humidity in SE MN yesterday, and MORE rain. Mississippi River was at flood stage AGAIN, fields are puddles and lakes. Goofy weather.... I wish we could share rain!

Saturday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 105.
Saturday night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 71.

Clouds may assuage the high temperature by a few degrees, but an increase in the humidity could result in a corresponding rise in the heat index. :oops:

Sunday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 100.
Sunday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 74.
Monday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 96.
Monday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.

Let’s hope we get some. :mrgreen:

Looks like the weather was just waiting till July to hit the 110s (usually it's already doing that thru much of June). Been in the high mid-high 100s last few days, and tomorrow it's supposed to start in the mid-110s. If the trend continues, we might still get teh 120s, just a bit later in the year than usual.

Supposedly on friday and saturday nights (and maybe sunday) there will be a 10-20% chance of thunderstorms; that sort of thing is normal this time of year. Whether we'll get rain out of those storms is probably an even lower chance, realistically, but the thunder will be enough to scare Yogi. (I have the pheremone-aerator running for the fireworks already, so will just leave it plugged in for him). Kirin really only freaks out because Yogi does, though she doesn't like the noises she doesn't go into heart-attack-panic-mode like he does over them.

Today
Sunny and hot, with a high near 114. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
Saturday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 106. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 104. Light and variable wind becoming south 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69.
Monday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 99. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 97.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 95.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 97.

My daughter lives just north of LA in Van Nuys. They are expected to get destructively hot today.

At my house, on July 4, I went for a bike ride and it was so cold I was wishing I had worn my jacket. Coldest July 4th I can ever remember.

Weather July 6.JPG

Back