Left Hand 7 Speed Grip Shift Gear Selector

kudos

10 kW
Hi,

Last year I bought a couple of 7 speed left-hand grip-shift gear selectors from ebikes.sf which are awesome.
7 speed is perfect for the 7 speed freewheels that fit the mac and xylte motors and being left side frees up the right for all the ebike controls.

The model number is SRAM 402-75 FFS

I need some more but not only can I not find any online, I can't even find any reference to them anywhere?

Any idea where you can get these from?

Cheers,
Kudos

Kudos, I have no idea where you can buy the SRAMs. However, there is a similar shifter listed on eBay UK, but unfortunately it is not SRAM quality. It is the same throttle that my Ultra Motor Europa came with. It works well when the derailleur is in good adjustment, but I know of one that broke after a couple of years. I try to be gentle with mine to make it last. Cheap enough though to buy some spares.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPOCH-SPORT-GRIP-SHIFT-LEF-HAND-BICYCLE-GEAR-SHIFTER-NOS-/190822535907

Perhaps you are aware that right-hand twist grip shifters can be installed on the left side. The main downside that I am aware of is that the numbers will be upside down.

Great find Whatcomrider,

I searched and searched uk ebay but all my searches didn't produce this unit.

I was aware you could just use a righty on the left but being a bit of a perfectionist this would just really bug me!

I'm going to get one of these Epoch shifters to see what they're like, I only actually need the shifter in case of electrics failure I don't really use it any other time.

As it happens, I contacted ilia at ebikes.sf and he did have one left of the SRAM version, which I've ordered at huge expense thanks to the shipping! The SRAM unit is excellent quality, works really well.

Once again thanks for finding that, I think these shifters should be standard fitment on our bikes so it surprised me they are so difficult to get hold of.

Kudos

Just put a right hand grip shifter on the left side upside down and it works fine. Sure, the numbers are upside down, but you really need to see the numbers that much?

To me, it's how they should be, roll the grip shifter toward you, you get higher gear for higher speed. I think a 7 speed rear gear grip shifter on the right is mounting it backwards. There you counterintuitvely roll the grip away for more speed. Seems wrong after so much motorcycle riding to me.

Good point dogman.

I've just ordered 10 of the lefties though!

At least I'll have some to sell on perhaps, should anyone else need one.

Kudos

FWIW, the Giant Suede-e comes with left handed 7-speed grip shifter. Not sure if that info helps anyone track another down.

But I like Dogman's suggestion. Just roll with a righty.

Sounds like us ebikers can use a new shifter geometry that will accomodate all the switchery we need to mount

Nice Spot.

Although I don't think they ship outside of the US from that store.....

Kudos

kudos said:
Good point dogman.

Kudos

I could use one :)

Are the compatible with shimano deraillers?

wannesd said:
kudos said:
Good point dogman.

Kudos

I could use one :)

Are the compatible with shimano deraillers?

PM me your address, I'll send you one for free if you cover the postage.

Kudos

kudos said:
PM me your address, I'll send you one for free if you cover the postage.

Kudos

Hey,

I sent you a PM straight away, but haven't heard back from you... Did you receive it?

Yes,

Sorry I've been so busy.

I sent it yesterday actually!

Kudos

Looks like http://www.ElectricScooterParts.com sells the backward SRAM shifter that is on the eZip... Saw it on one in REI and went searching for it. I just bought a complete kit from BMS Battery so I'll probably end up getting one of these and then mounting a normal trigger below it to shift the front.

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/eziptrailzmenselectricbicycleparts.html

Item # CTE-24374

Not bad at $25... Hopefully they are reasonable on the shipping charge.

-Doug

**Edit** - Here it is direct from Currie Tech. https://www.izipusa.com/bikes-scooters/BP-MTN6-4201315080/

Back