Luke's race bicycle of Doom 2.0

Its a race for the first bike to erupt into plasma right?

Right?

Naw, this setup seems pretty rugged so far. *knocks on wood*

After this race, people who thought Electrics were boreing and slow are going to have those thoughts wiped clean out of there heads.

PaulD is riding down with me. His bike is so beautiful and well done. I want to try a brazed frame sometime. PaulD is such a kind and humble guy, with tons of skills, and an amazing rider. It's a pleasure to have his company for this race.

Best of luck Luke, and stay safe. I'm in BigMoose's camp, just hang with the pack and win it with superior torque in the last lap. You've got the best bike, but unlike a gasser the true limits are an unknown, and an electric motor will too easily kill itself obeying your throttle commands just like a low power lithium battery will kill itself trying to deliver too much power when asked. The emoto racers had so much trouble finishing in so many events for the same reason. All you have to do is finish to win! I known it's contrary to all your racing experience, but electrics are that different.

John

God's speed in this race my friend! May a valence of electrons be aligned with you! Go forth in the name of ES to prosper and to fly with the wind!! ... and no elbowing of our ES brethern on the track! :twisted:

Glad you were able to get the ride together to get to the track. How short are we with respect to the original electric roster?

GGoodrum said:
Where exactly is this race, somewhere in So Cal? Anyway, all the best, Luke. Do us proud! :)

-- Gary

Grangé Motor Circuit
20455 Central Rd.
Apple Valley, CA 92307

:)

AMEN!

bigmoose said:
God's speed in this race my friend! May a valence of electrons be aligned with you! Go forth in the name of ES to prosper and to fly with the wind!! ... and no elbowing of our ES brethern on the track! :twisted:

WEEEEELLL, what happened??

Oh, no! Let me guess, the tires shredded? I would bet that 67MPH bike was Luke's though! At least the first two bikes were ELECTRIC! Take that gasser boys!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32860&start=135

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31157&start=195

Gotta look in some other subforums (e-vents and general discussiong).

Some Doom Bike photos from the race:

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

Nice pics! Thank you for taking those!

Do you have the pic where I pulled my armor up and arched my back and pushed my belly put as much as possible and posed like a glammor shot? I want to send that one out for Christmas cards. :)

liveforphysics said:
Nice pics! Thank you for taking those!

Do you have the pic where I pulled my armor up and arched my back and pushed my belly put as much as possible and posed like a glammor shot? I want to send that one out for Christmas cards. :)

ROFL :lol: ...sounds like it could be the right stuff for a
"busines card" you know Luike, the one you hand out to
the 'ladiiies' so they have your name and number!
could be the clincher for 'call back' mate! :mrgreen:

KiM

Now you couldn't be referring to a certain little picture like... this? Don't worry, I was just waiting on the right moment to post it.

IMG_0927.JPG

I have about seven others very subtly different if you want to go through them for your christmas card just let me know. I thought this one was best.

I live in a rain forest and I have a better tan... Man that thing is blinding me!

Yep, at 1:30, it's me pedaling the bike with no power assist. lol

Hi, I have a magic pie 4 in a mountain bike which is brilliant, could you please tell me what motor and controller you were using in your you tube vid when your bicycle of doom was parked next to two motorcycles?
thanks
Toasty

toasty said:
Hi, I have a magic pie 4 in a mountain bike which is brilliant, could you please tell me what motor and controller you were using in your you tube vid when your bicycle of doom was parked next to two motorcycles?
thanks
Toasty

Golden motor "10kW" with a Sevcon gen4 Size6 controller feeding it ~700A at 116VDC.

However, I cooked that motor pretty rapidly, and it's performance was only SO-SO before then, so I wouldn't do that setup again.

Hey Luke, I wonder which controler do u use for your death bike at the moment? Or is it still the sevcon gen4 with other specs??? I also wonder if it might be possible to insert some copper-tube to the chromo-tube to further cool that motor down?

Back