Magura 5k POT throttle not working

Bbeforeart

10 mW
Dear all members,

I'm having issues getting my new throttle to work on my bike. I'm using a Nucular 12FET controller, firmware version .59B and a Magura 5K POT throttle (similar to Domino). So far, I've only been able to get 1.6v output when I fully twist the throttle. I've changed both input and output values (see attachments), however, without success. I've also tried a ''normal'' hall sensor throttle, however, I trashed it already, because I thought it was broken. Do you guys have any idea what is going wrong here? I'm completely lost by now.

Thanks for your time!

Details:
20210315_164758 = Idle
20210315_164726 = full throttle

Attachments

• 20210315_164726.jpg
    20210315_164726.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 20210315_164758.jpg
    20210315_164758.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 273
Just checking...

Throttle BLUE wire to controller 5vdc input.
Throttle BLACK wire to controller ground (0vdc).
Throttle BROWN wire to controller variable throttle input. (throttle output)

Have you tried bench testing it to make sure it works properly out of the box?

Regards,
T.C.

Hi TC,
Thank you for your help.
yes and yes.

I've set the input voltage on 5v and min. Output on .5v, .8v and .1v without success. I see that a similar throttle (domino) has a working voltage of 12v. Maybe that is the problem?

I hope you can help me to a solution.

Regards, Bart

So at the controller's throttle connector with your throttle connected...

You have 5vdc between the red and black wires? (blue and black throttle wire colors)
And a variable 0 to 5vdc output, home to WOT on the yellow and black? (Brown and black throttle wires)

But the ThrottleV displayed voltage never gets above 1.62vdc... :? Showing the same in the throttle range set-up? (#Throttle)

Did you try the automatic throttle set-up that the controller provides after proper motor run parameters are set? (full set-up)

One would think that with even a low maximum output voltage could be configurable. Albeit less desirable.

Did you try throttle min: .5 vdc and max 1.8 vdc?

Would throttle control mode effect what you see as throttle output? Any difference in "torque" mode?

Woohoo! it works now! thanks a lot mate!

I've used min 1.5vdc and the setup started working. unfortunately not linear and the voltage drops at the very end. any ideas how to overcome that? what are the recommended settings for this situation?

Thanks a lot again!

Bart

Back