Modifying IOTA power supply to bulk charge 6s lipo

02blowngt

100 µW
Hopefully someone with some electronics expertise can chime into what I thought I would be able to do. I want to set this switching power supply to 25.0v similar to a Meanwell. This power supply is spec'd at a 13.4 voltage and does deliver a consistent 375watts at 13.4v so I figured it's a decent supply.
It is an IOTA DLS-30 power supply which upon opening up has a voltage adjustment pot (5K) that will adjust from 11.7 - 15.2 volts. Sitting next to the pot is several resistors after poking around I realized if I parallel additional resistors the voltage scale rises until I hit about the max of 20.2v. I then noticed the resistor circuit has a voltage sense input that is coming from the output side so my next thought is manipulate that voltage with some series resistors which works and I can set the output voltage into the 30 volt range! Thought it was prefect until I put a load onto the power supply and that voltage sags and it will only put out about 2 amps or the peaks I measured were about 75w. Any ideas what else I could try? The supply doesn't shut down it just is very unstable at voltage and will not produce the current once I start to pass that 15V level. Do I need to change more points on this supply? I would imagine most are similar just don't know what to look for. Also the cut red wire in the picture was from me changing that Vref voltage.
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG

Back