• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Modifying IOTA power supply to bulk charge 6s lipo

02blowngt

100 µW
Hopefully someone with some electronics expertise can chime into what I thought I would be able to do. I want to set this switching power supply to 25.0v similar to a Meanwell. This power supply is spec'd at a 13.4 voltage and does deliver a consistent 375watts at 13.4v so I figured it's a decent supply.
It is an IOTA DLS-30 power supply which upon opening up has a voltage adjustment pot (5K) that will adjust from 11.7 - 15.2 volts. Sitting next to the pot is several resistors after poking around I realized if I parallel additional resistors the voltage scale rises until I hit about the max of 20.2v. I then noticed the resistor circuit has a voltage sense input that is coming from the output side so my next thought is manipulate that voltage with some series resistors which works and I can set the output voltage into the 30 volt range! Thought it was prefect until I put a load onto the power supply and that voltage sags and it will only put out about 2 amps or the peaks I measured were about 75w. Any ideas what else I could try? The supply doesn't shut down it just is very unstable at voltage and will not produce the current once I start to pass that 15V level. Do I need to change more points on this supply? I would imagine most are similar just don't know what to look for. Also the cut red wire in the picture was from me changing that Vref voltage.
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG

Back