MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

I recently ordered a fat bike and I think this would be a good choice for it if the price is right. Does anyone have a quote on bare motors? I'd just as soon use my own rim and lace it myself. But if the quality is like Clyte, I don't want one. i need a strong axle at least 220mm. Anyone know where specs and/or performance data can be found for the motor?

teslanv said:
"We" being many of the members on this thread, who also communicate via the Endless-Sphere Facebook site. Rest assured, the offer will be posted here as well, once the details are confirmed. Feel free to join us on FB if you like in the mean time.

ok, thanks-no disrespect intended. Some of "us" have been, mentally at least, thinking along the same lines so this is good news. No point in duplicating efforts so keep us posted.

Has someone stepped forward and offered to be the liaison person representing the group for this? And have the specs already mentioned-heavier axles, 12 gauge phases, etc. been decided on?

Giving that is has a stamped stator the heat is building up quikly on the windings.
Here is an axample of what happens when you push 8000W through it, from 50C(122F) to over 100C(220F) temp rise in just 40 seconds.

[youtube]rD6IF2spm-Q[/youtube]

What you get is high efficiency and high power within limits, low weight, at the disadvantage of not being able to beat on it as long. Just like the crystalyte H35/H40 series. Same idea.

It'd probably be happy being pushed at 5000w intermittently but not constantly.

The first tester did a fairly good job of finding it's limt. It can surely be pushed more.... but it's not a cromotor or 540x :)

teslanv said:
Just a heads up to those interested in a group buy on this motor...

We are potentially getting one set up on the Endless-Sphere Facebook thread.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/125035107565566/

If you are on facebook, and have not joined the ES sub-site, I highly recommend it.

Nice, I didn't even know about the facebook group. Now I'm a "pending" member, haha.

Won't things get confusing on the facebook group though? I know most people here by their usernames, not their real names.

I would organize it if I was in the US. I've got a group of 50 or so kits coming in via sea mail to the US in December, but I'll only be in the US for a few weeks to meet the shipment so I don't think I'll be able to time an Alibaba shipment of these motors for the exact same window, unfortunately. Also my boat is coming to Florida which is about as far from the center of the country as you can get :wink:

I'm still down to get one of these motors if the group buy works out. Lacing is no problem. This might be a good chance for a bunch of guys to do their first lacing job too. I learned a few years ago out of necessity and now the skill is invaluable.

Allex said:
Giving that is has a stamped stator the heat is building up quikly on the windings.
Here is an axample of what happens when you push 8000W through it, from 50C(122F) to over 100C(220F) temp rise in just 40 seconds.

What voltage are you running there?

Allex said:
Looking at the screen he has 84V@100 DC Amps
Thanks, slow internet here so I couldn't get the quality turned up enough to read it :(

Kent said:
Has someone stepped forward and offered to be the liaison person representing the group for this? And have the specs already mentioned-heavier axles, 12 gauge phases, etc. been decided on?
We are trying to pursuad Spinninmagnets to be the shipment receiver, since he is centrally located.
As for "Specs" I suppose its worth a shot to request these, as I understand It is a factory direct order from MXUS. Which then begs the question, "Can we all agree on the same Specs?"
I've got hills to contend with, so I wouldn't mind a little slower wind. Maybe a 5T or 6 T.
12ga. Phases, hardened shafts, sealed, stainless or ceramic bearings. Not sure what we can realistically ask for, to be honest.

teslanv said:
I've got hills to contend with, so I wouldn't mind a little slower wind. Maybe a 5T or 6 T.
12ga. Phases, hardened shafts, sealed, stainless or ceramic bearings. Not sure what we can realistically ask for, to be honest.

good questions to ask. maybe they also can offer an Al stator. what kV would a 5T or 6T have? Slower windings would be great. I think of regular bicycle tires and size at about 60-70kmh and looots of torque for hard acceleration.

+1 for a 5T or 6T

Kent said:
mlt34 said:
ditto on the group buy, if it's going to happen...

+ Myself for the group buy. This is what I just sent them. We'll see if we get a response.

Hello
I have already sent you a message but it was all broken up so here is a new one! I am in a club with many members who are interested in this motor. We wish stronger axles but still fit regular bike drop outs. We would like Hall sensors,12 gauge phase wires and built-in temperature sending unit with wires.

Price please for 20 pieces shipped to USA zip code 05701. How much for cheap shipping and how much for fast shipping?

Thank you

This is the response I received today-Thursday:
hine Wang <mxus012@hotmail.com>
2:00 PM (39 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Kent

Good morning,

Nice to get your mail, will you come to Interbike? We are here , booth: 3012
The price for the 3000w motor is 140$, with the build-in temperature sending inside.

Best wishes

Shine Wang
CHANGZHOU HUAYU XINFENG MOTOR CO.,LTD
Mob:+86 15895059720
Email:MXUS012@hotmail.com
MSN: MXUS012@hotmail.com

My feeling is that our order of 20 pieces is small potatoes for them and that we can't expect them to accommodate a variety of "custom" specifications and requests. I say if we can get verification about axle quality and hall sensors, we should go with the stock winding's.

Let's not each of us send him an e-mail. Let's speak with one voice/contact person once we have decided on details.

neptronix said:
What you get is high efficiency and high power within limits, low weight, at the disadvantage of not being able to beat on it as long. Just like the crystalyte H35/H40 series. Same idea.

It'd probably be happy being pushed at 5000w intermittently but not constantly.

The first tester did a fairly good job of finding it's limt. It can surely be pushed more.... but it's not a cromotor or 540x :)

I agree completely-thanks. lets not hope or pretend it is something it isn't. For those of us stuck with 135mm dropouts and are sic of Crystalyte's junk, this offers real hope.

I personally want to run 100 volts, 60 amps. Cruising at 35 mph with some left for blending in with traffic and hills.

Kent said:
My feeling is that our order of 20 pieces is small potatoes for them and that we can't expect them to accommodate a variety of "custom" specifications and requests. I say if we can get verification about axle quality and hall sensors, we should go with the stock winding's.

Let's not each of us send him an e-mail. Let's speak with one voice/contact person once we have decided on details.
A good strategy, if you hassle them to much it will get old very quickly. compile/discuss the important things here between us first use our forum. What a price :)

Finally a real good replacement for Crystalyte shXt HT or HS motor!
Way overpriced, but i had to use them due of 135mm width and design.

Hopefully we wil see this motor soon for buying...
Too bad this groupbuy is for US members?

How long are the axles? If this thing will fit well in 150mm dropouts I might be interested.

bikemore said:
How long are the axles? If this thing will fit well in 150mm dropouts I might be interested.

Going by the reply I received-see above-it looks like they are short on details. It's probably a salesperson who has no involvement in the manufacturing and has no technical knowledge. His job is to drum up large multi-thousand unit sales-not piss around with technical questions and tiny orders.

I suspect though that the "guys in the know" will be at the show he mentioned. Anybody ready for a plane ride? :roll:

Well, I emailed for specs, performance data, and price breakpoints. I won't do anything without that. Will post if I get a reply.

mlt34 said:
teslanv said:
II've got a group of 50 or so kits coming in via sea mail to the US in December, .

So since you are experienced at this, could you give us a ball park on what our costs may be for shipping and duty if any for 20 units shipped to mid USA?

Are there shipping options for orders of this size such as slow boat economy, higher priced faster, etc?

My hope is that landed we are looking at about $60 per unit shipping/duty so our final per unit cost would be around $200. That would include the additional shipping cost of sending it on to the final members location USA/Canada.

"II've got a group of 50 or so kits coming in via sea mail to the US in December"

Sorry it was for MLT34-quote of a quote of a quote..... :oops:

Kent said:
"II've got a group of 50 or so kits coming in via sea mail to the US in December"

Hi Kent,

What do you mean by kits? Just motor or motor rim combo? Any idea on cost of shipping and what you are going to sell them for?

Ed

edventure said:
Kent said:

Hi Kent,

What do you mean by kits? Just motor or motor rim combo? Any idea on cost of shipping and what you are going to sell them for?

Ed

Sorry-that was a screw up. I was (mis) quoting something that MLT34 wrote a bit back in this thread. Apparently he has some experience importing from China and I was asking him for some shipping cost estimates. MY bad.

Kent said:
edventure said:
Kent said:

Hi Kent,

Ed

Sorry-that was a screw up. I was (mis) quoting something that MLT34 wrote a bit back in this thread. Apparently he has some experience importing from China and I was asking him for some shipping cost estimates. MY bad.

Ah, got it. I knew I was missing something. I actually live about as centered as possible in the country and would be possibly willing to purchase a set of 20 of these, depending on shipping cost from China to me. I already have an import export company setup that I use with a contact in Japan, "too bad not China" so I may be able to find a less expensive way to ship them to the US, but there are also custom duties that may need to be paid unless the company will cover that there, but I doubt it. Also, I would not want to do this with out; 1, having some understanding that I would be able to unload these and 2, charging some fee on top, because it would involve a fair amount of work. When I say a fee I am thinking somewhere in the range $20 to $30 per motor, maybe less, but I would really need to think about this before I volunteer myself. Additionally, still not sure if I trust this company, especially when they are slow to respond. Lastly, if I did this I am not responsible if someone has a problem with their motor. I am not in the E-Bike parts business, "at least not yet".

Ed

Back