My bike got caught in the rain.

USMC7578

10 mW
I have a KHS TC 150 with a BMC 600 watt motor and BMC 36-48v controller. Yesterday I got caught in a sunshower and the bike quit working. The power light is lit on the throtle but the bike isn't working. Are the any fuses I can check?

Unplug the battery, then let it all dry out for a day first, maybe helping it by using a hair dryer on lowest setting funneled thru your hand onto the throttle and then onto all the connectors for everything. (thru your hand because if it's too hot for your hand it's probably too hot for the plastic stuff).

Plug the battery back in and then try again.

If it still doesnt' work, unplug the battery, then first mark and then unplug the halls and phase connectors, so that you can be sure to plug them back in the exact same way they were. Check for any corrosion or discoloration, then plug them back in.

Thank you AMBERWOLF for your reply. I'm going to try those thing right now. But are the any fuses that you know of. I just figured something has to be fuse protected.

amberwolf said:
Unplug the battery, then let it all dry out for a day first, maybe helping it by using a hair dryer on lowest setting funneled thru your hand onto the throttle and then onto all the connectors for everything. (thru your hand because if it's too hot for your hand it's probably too hot for the plastic stuff).

Plug the battery back in and then try again.

If it still doesnt' work, unplug the battery, then first mark and then unplug the halls and phase connectors, so that you can be sure to plug them back in the exact same way they were. Check for any corrosion or discoloration, then plug them back in.
You're the best!!!!!!!!!!! 2 small screws came undone. This dropped the controller down about 1/2 inch. Of course with the rotation of the rear tire the water was shot right into the controller. I took off the remaining screws and was able to point a hair dryer right into the guts. Water began dripping out. In about 1/2 hour i tried running it and SHAZAAM! Its running great. I will use silicon when putting it back together. Thank you so much! :D :D

Typically the only fuse is in the battery-to-controller line. Since you get a power light, I doubt you have a fuse or breaker popped. Wet connections are usually the culprit.

Back