My first "real" electric bike project. 72V @ 310Amps

Really nice bike !
Thumbs up mate :)

David Raaijmakers
:D

hello crew,

i am just back from factory. spend all day checking batteries and frame parts. i answer all of you tomorrow.

but.... there is one last thing i want to share

IMG_4948-Optimized.JPG

IMG_4950-Optimized.JPG

yes, it is massive and heavy and big because factory messed up the material thickness. but what the hell. its my first own bike and i can finally start to assemble it tomorrow.
then we can start fiddle out the bugs, make it slim and sexy.
i can smell the finish line... happy and moving moments today. its strange to see it for the first time and i am happy to share it with you guys here.

good night 8)

hello crew,
i had a accident yesterday and feel not very well. but i spend some hours in factory.

Attachments

• IMG_5166-Optimized.JPG
    IMG_5166-Optimized.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 1,507
hello crew,
thanks buddy.
its a little too big and material messed up because he ignored my order and triple everything. :roll:
but it doesnt matter. because now is chinese holiday and he cant find a factory for heat treatment. so after holiday we will make a new frame. thinner, lighter and shorter. change some parts in the design and we are on the right way. factory pretty messed this one up. for a first sample its ok i think. learn from mistakes and make it better :mrgreen:
tomorrow we will get all parts to my house and i will put it togehter as much as possible. make some photos in following days and let you guys see some progress.
today the shock arrived.

steam25 said:
hello crew,
thanks buddy.
its a little too big and material messed up because he ignored my order and triple everything. :roll:
but it doesnt matter. because now is chinese holiday and he cant find a factory for heat treatment. so after holiday we will make a new frame. thinner, lighter and shorter. change some parts in the design and we are on the right way. factory pretty messed this one up. for a first sample its ok i think. learn from mistakes and make it better :mrgreen:
tomorrow we will get all parts to my house and i will put it togehter as much as possible. make some photos in following days and let you guys see some progress.
today the shock arrived.

well atleast if you use the prototype you can be sure its not gonna break lol. how heavy is it, just out of curosity?

steam25 said:
he cant find a factory for heat treatment
I wouldn't worry about heat treating this proto, it's so crazy thick and heavy that you'd just be wasting money. And I feel your pain there, I've dumped $1500+ into one of my prototype frames and I'll never be built into a rolling bike. For proper prototype for testing, sure, but considering so much of this will be fixed (done properly :roll: ) and slimmed down there's really not much point.

How wide did it end up coming out ? What sort of crankset / bottom bracket are you going to have to use with it ?

haha yes.
and put a gatling gun on both sides so i can shred throught cars.

not sure abut the weight now. but if the batteries are inside i dont wanna lift it alone anymore.

what means how wide? the frame is very long bit much thinner than any other similar bike frame on market. because these lipo batteries are just like 90-110mm wide.

i already made a decision. after holiday i go to a new factory and weld some metal steel togehter. make a new prototype based on this design. after confirm it i will make it out of aluminium.
also found a new factory for CNC cutting. let me get all parts to my house first. then i will make some photos.

hello crew,
the new years crazy month in china is slowly over and everything is getting back to .... well i wanna say normal but i change my mind and think its better to say:"everything is going back to insane" :mrgreen:

the big frame is messed up and i will build it again with a factory which seems to be little more competent.

today my second prototype frame was delivered and i wanna share it, even it have nothing to do with the big bike. the idea is to create a stealthy looking frame where the battery tube is NOT upside like all other bikes on market now but reclining to make a low profile when others see the bike from the side. dont wanna open a new post so here we go:

View attachment 3
IMG_5653-Optimized.JPG
IMG_5654-Optimized.JPG
IMG_5655-Optimized.JPG

all 3 tubes are hollow and can take 2 different battery configurations:

- 48V and 35-37AH for a long range city bike with 750W and 45km/h
- 21s 88V 17AH for a funbike with 6000W

rear fork is 150mm and will come with adapter to 135mm so we can use different motors.
all wires, controller, BMS and brake cable will be inside the frame to make it look clean and nice.
i want to add the option to make the frame full suspension or hard tail and the design is just a proof of concept yet. weld together with metal we have laying around.
final version will be fully aluminium with integrated torque arms and other nice goodies.

i love it! but maybe one of you guys have another opinion?

its great.
i question the choice of battery config though.
why not just stick with the high voltage 21s and use less current in an economy mode for longer range? that way there would be less copper losses as you have less amps...

This thing is a beauty!
Been thinking about this for a long time!!
Keep it up!

David Raaymakers :D

steam25 said:
i buy it directly from factory. no link. i know the boss. sure you can buy it somewhere online but i dont know where. be careful for fakes. these kind of stuff is often fake.
but if many of you interested we could make a group order here? i often do this in other forums.

any news on the light bars my friend?

these look awesome. could you possibly souce some and send to a few of us?

Back