My latest fall

craneplaneguy said:
Talking with a seldom seen acquaintance at a birthday party yesterday, we both realized that we had been hurt worse in bike crashes then we ever had been in our previous decades of riding street and dirt motorcycles! After I told him about my two significant incidents, he told a story about when he was 8 or 9 years old, and somehow in a jumping type crash on his Schwinn Stingray, ended up with the tip of his man tool caught up in the chain ring. He does not lie, it was a true story..., he says the pain was intense (no surprise). Keep that story in mind the next time you have a crash, it could always be worse!

Don't ride bicycles or cook bacon while naked!

2 falls tonight!
reason is because I only got a front brake

first one I got up quickly, front brake wheel slid out, on ice in parking lot. Was slowing down which helped.

Second one I was cruising fast, paying close attention to my path for any squirly patches of snow which are darker then the rest, snow breaks loose and front end goes squirly. Was dark out, saw headlights a block up and figured get on sidewalk, front brake and front end slid out, that shook me up but didnt hurt, funny thing is it loosened everything up, like what the chiro guy does. Luckily fell onto side arm/shoulder! I should have just slowly slowed down and got up the auto tire snow ridge to get closer to parked cars.

Um......wouldn't be easier on you to just fix your back break? Glad you are ok.

Yikes, you ARE aware front braking makes you skid out in slippery conditions aren't you? Just kidding, it just started dumping where I'm presently at and I need to be at the dentist at 9:00 am tomorrow morning clear across town, note to self: Lower seat so you can do 2 foot skids, I've been paying attention to the Pro's.

Back