need help with best lifepo4 battery charger 16s/48v (58.4v)

papasapien

10 mW
building a 16s lifepo4 battery pack.
anyone know any 16s chargers? or best way to charge the pack?
looking at some charger from aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32884597008.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7a443c00L2uPZO&mp=1
but im not sure if there is a better option.
maybe a DC buck converter?
dont seem to be many chargers in this range available

pack will be 48v 25ah

Best, will be the satiator, from Grin Technology. But best, and most affordable are definitely different things. Its fast, can adjust to anything you want to charge in a wide range of voltages, and can slow charge if you want that as well. And its waterproofed. So it can mount right on the bike if you want that.

Cheapest, would be a plastic case charger intended for either 14s, or in lifepo4, 16s. One that hits 58v at least. Often these cheaper chargers don't last long, but you can get a year out of them, or if they blow immediately, get replacements from the vendor. They are slow, 2 or 3 amps.

In between, there are some good 5 amps chargers out there, typically in a metal box. I have had chargers of this type last well over 5 years in the past.

But of all the things I ever bought for e bikes over a decade, the ones I never regretted were the Grin cycle analyst, and the satiator.

Kingpan sells lots of different chargers. Mine I got over 10 years ago from ping he sells lifepo4 stuff metal shell 5amp. It was 58 volt and turned it up to 75v and it popped so replaced the 75v cap with 100 volt. Working for 2 years now. a lot of cheap chargers for $100 free shipping bought one and it blew up had to get my money back. Lots of junk out there. Kingpan 35.00 and 55.00 shipping.

Back