• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New 24' slopestyle freeride build, getting serious!

Dam can't watch it on my phone!

Nice work. Looks like a hoot to ride.
Love the burnouts. Love the stair climbing. Love the ability to use the gears. Well done.

bzhwindtalker said:
Somone knows how to embeed a video from Vimeo?
https://vimeo.com/39945206

Love it , :mrgreen:

Whiplash said:
No offence Gwhy! :) it'll never be as quiet, but maybe close!

Close would be good enough for me :D

Phoebus said:
gwhy! said:
bzhwindtalker said:
hopefully nearly silent

How will you accomplish this with an RC motor?

I have a few new things I want to try :wink:

Thanks guys! I will try to get a nicer video next weekend with side panels for the battery and painted hub and supports.

I just see hub motors as huge low kv outruners, because it's what they are :wink: I don't have any complex wearing a frock :mrgreen:

I just started a thread to share some media about hub motor mid drives, Whiplash you could probably contribute with some pictures and videos?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38553&p=562377#p562377

I modified the axle to have a M8 on one side and a M6 on the other just to retain the motor and supports, painted everything, and made a black coroplast battery box

I also managed to snap a chain :shock: The failure was probably related to going WOT on a low gear, and a bad use of the chain tool :?:
1ix0cpj129at9

What is your opinion on the suitability of one of those sub 500w tiny hub motors for a mid drive setup such as yours? I'm thinking that it may be one way to get some stealth out of a mid mount hub motor design.

You're running max 2000 W right now?

The smaller hubs should work well, I am trying to get my brother to let me setup a small one on his bike pulling around 750 watts through the little MXUS that Cell man sells. I think it will do just about any hill you need, it will just do it slower than a big motor.... That and your on road speed will not be anywhere near as fast, I am guessing it will pull him along around 25MPH at best, but he is happy with that..

LOVING YOUR WORK GUYS!!!
looking for a small mid drive next, just watching to see what sort of hub to use, small small small.

D

deecanio said:
LOVING YOUR WORK GUYS!!!
looking for a small mid drive next, just watching to see what sort of hub to use, small small small.

D
About the smallest you are going to get is a 63mm outrunner :mrgreen:

True, à 63mm motor is hart to beat for sub 3kw systems!
But you need to build à two stage reduction to the rear wheel or 3 stage to the BB. With the rpm of a High spinning rc motor, multiple gears are needed only if you want à really High top speed with a small motor. Plus relyable controlers are hard to setup, if aviable!

no reduction.no noise.no bs.
just frock to crank :mrgreen:

D

:mrgreen:

Phoebus said:
What is your opinion on the suitability of one of those sub 500w tiny hub motors for a mid drive setup such as yours? I'm thinking that it may be one way to get some stealth out of a mid mount hub motor design.

You're running max 2000 W right now?

I think a bafang or a cute could be really nice on such a setup, especially on a lightweight bike with lipos. I never tested either one of those motors but some people pushed the bafangs to the limits, i don't recall what kind of safe max power they got, BUT you could use a bafang and run it on 100+v and gear it down really easy to pedalable cadence and get huge torque and a good power from one of those I guess.

Yes my bike peaks at 2200w, but it hardly gets over 1500w on normal offroad abuse. I would like to try a Bafang on 24s lipo/20-25a :)

bzhwindtalker said:
;) too! I may still mount the 63-74 on a DJ bike with the sensorless ss190-200
Whip, any snapped chains yet?

Not yet, but I try not to snap the power on like that, I typically roll into it. I have however I did loose some pawls in the rear freewheel...

What would constitute a "real mans voltage"??

I think YOU should take a video of yourself riding your bike on 150v :p i'm quite happy with the power of my bike ATM, but this will probably change soon ;)

New video, quite lame on the riding part but it shows the bike quite well I think
[youtube]OE6ybG8wQi0[/youtube]

Nice Vid! Do you have director, producer and a team of camera men?! 8)

Great job!!

What do you use to edit?

Back