New electric mountain bike frame by Phasor Cycles

well get exited... we sure are! The first frame is coming out of the jig soon. We received the laser cut 4130 frame panels earlier this week and have begun the first production frame.

We plan on testing this frame to it's limits and path-finding the integration of batteries, electronics, and various other things. Once we are satisfied we will begin production of more frames that will be available for sale or custom builds.

Below are some pictures:

laser%252520cut%252520frame%252520panels.jpg

laser cut panels

swingarm%252520jig%252520and%252520laser%252520cut%252520panels.jpg

swingarm jig and laser cut panels (sorry blurry)

tack%252520welded%252520frame%252520in%252520jig.jpg

frame tack welded in jig

welded%252520frame%252520in%252520jig.jpg

frame welding nearing completion

shop%252520panorama.jpg

small shop (sorry messy)

I think there must be a rock in my pocket.... :D

That is looking awesome.

I wonder if I can justify a third ebike to my wife....

"Give her what she wants and she will give you what you want". :lol:

Thought you knew that already to get the first two. :roll:

Cheers-working on mine tonight :mrgreen:

wow. looks awesome! nice work. i was wondering how you were going to get those curves...

are you tempted to add any internal braces, esp near steer tube and shock mounts? have you modelled the stresses it'll take?

what do you expect the weight will be at this point?

Lookin good. Keep it up!

danimal said:
well get exited... we sure are! The first frame is coming out of the jig soon. We received the laser cut 4130 frame panels earlier this week and have begun the first production frame.
Nice work. :D Show us how you'll do the cross-bracing or skeleton supports w/pics, when you get there.

Will the open slots have side covers, so it sort of looks solid like your original design?

Very exciting to see your frame take form... 8)

Here it is, emerging in real life what what once just a computerized pipe dream.
We will be testing this thing out very soon.. I hope to start assembling this one this weekend.
We had to get the dropouts cut out a second time to make sure they fit just right, the nice thing about laser cutting is that it hardens the surface of the dropouts where the axle sits. Not so nice for your tools if you have to drill or cut through the edges. They fit nicely, even if your axle nuts rattle off the wheel will stay on the bike and the axle will not spin.

2012-01-20_15-06-52_631.jpg

Corner weld requires little finishing to be smooth
2012-01-06_20-36-18_748.jpg

Swingarm and beefy dropouts
2012-01-20_18-06-08_570.jpg

Still have to put it back in the jig to add the shock tabs
2012-01-20_18-05-44_187.jpg

Frame internal gusset
2012-01-20_18-25-26_302.jpg

Frame

2012-01-20_21-24-11_564.jpg

We should have some pictures soon of a complete bike..keep an eye out. We are also planning on some rigorous testing at some of the premier Southern California trails. Here's a nice bodyplant which gives you an idea of what we expect this to be put through.
[youtube]DTAAPupfXLM[/youtube]

Drunkskunk, let me know what your requirements are for your swingarm and I can let you know if it will fit. Head tube length is 4 15/16" ~ 4.94"

Great to see some progress and that the first one is nearly done. I'm interested to see the bare weight all said and done.
Nice work on the dropouts.

Cool vid, I don't think I'd be keen to take that gully 18 seconds in! :shock: But I suppose it's the landing you're going to stuff up if anything...
Always wear a helmet and gloves Dave :wink:

I have not read the whole thread so it may have been mentioned before but it seems to me that the frame will have the same problem as other bikes of similar design in that it wont have very good (inadequate) steering lock, it needs to have a short parralel narrow section behind the head stock to allow for fork clearance when used with triple clamp forks.

Like the drop outs though!

Simon.

Nice, I like the new setup. Looks like plenty of room for batteries. Are you going to also sell just the frame and swing arm for some of us die hard DIY who already have good setups but might go for a frame upgrade? I look forward to the test results. Is the frame geometry closer to a DJ style, all mountain and less DH style? What's the head angle and wheel sizes planned for this geometry? How has the BMC been holding up for you. I'm still happy with mine after 3 years of trail riding.

2012-01-22_14-19-54_470.jpg

2012-01-22_15-49-48_327.jpg

Kfong, most of your questions can be answered here

http://www.phasorcycles.com

The BMC motor is still holding up, although one of the batteries on that bike is out of commission while the BMS is being replaced, hope to have it running again soon with this one.

The frame weighs in at 11.5lbs, and 15.2lbs with swingarm, or about 3 lbs heavier than the carbon fiber frame / aluminum swingarm

Just a couple more small things to weld before it can be assembled, disassembled, painted, reassembled, and finally ridden!

Looks great. What color scheme are you going with?

Any pictures with the side panals on? Assuming there will be side panals..

Also, not trying to copy the bomber but·; is there a chance u could make a cutout (on the top of the frame ) for the buttons and screen of the CA? This way we can mount them internally wile maintaining a good view of the screen? Maybe by request only. something like this: (on my tablet, so i had to use paint.. :) )

phasor2.jpg

Good to know your motor is handling your abuse. I'm hard on mine but not at the voltage levels you were running at.

How about detailed photos of the swing arm and frame bearing. Worried that there isn't enough supporting structure in that area. The rest looks great.

Awesome so far! I can't wait to see it all done!! Hurry up! LOL!

By the way, maybe I missed it, what is the cost looking like for the bare frame un-painted?? ------- EDIT: Found it thanks!-----

This thing and a Cro-Motor with around 44.4V and like 35AH would be an AWESOME high speed trail machine!!

This is from earlier this week. The components all fit great and now it is off to powder coating.

2012-01-24_17-26-12_648.jpg

Deutch420 said:
"What color scheme are you going with?"
"Any pictures with the side panals on?"
"is there a chance u could make a cutout (on the top of the frame ) for the buttons and screen of the CA?"

We are going with an antifreeze green powder coating, Then we will also post some photos of the panels and bottom bracket details (for Kfong)!

The new cycle analyst (bigger screen) does not fit in the width of this frame. If you still have an older version CA it will fit, and we can discuss cut-outs.

Whiplash said:
Awesome so far! I can't wait to see it all done!! Hurry up! LOL!

By the way, maybe I missed it, what is the cost looking like for the bare frame un-painted?? ------- EDIT: Found it thanks!-----

This thing and a Cro-Motor with around 44.4V and like 35AH would be an AWESOME high speed trail machine!!

Cromotor fast on 44 volts ?

danimal said:
This is from earlier this week. The components all fit great and now it is off to powder coating.

2012-01-24_17-26-12_648.jpg

Deutch420 said:
"What color scheme are you going with?"
"Any pictures with the side panals on?"
"is there a chance u could make a cutout (on the top of the frame ) for the buttons and screen of the CA?"

We are going with an antifreeze green powder coating, Then we will also post some photos of the panels and bottom bracket details (for Kfong)!

The new cycle analyst (bigger screen) does not fit in the width of this frame. If you still have an older version CA it will fit, and we can discuss cut-outs.

Looking good! :D

Beautiful job :) What is wheel base and what does it weigh without batteries? :mrgreen:

Back