New Member Signup Requirement?

Papa

10 kW
In light of an underlying issue, I was politely asked to publicly post the following:

"Is there a way to require pre-membership individual(s) to answer a basic electronics question (or 2) before they can signup & become a qualified member? Or... ask if they posses a DMM or O-scope. Or maybe a popup display at signup, showing a couple of resistors... and ask what value they are?"

Opinions Requested

I wouldn't require that anyone actually know anything related to ebikes before they can signup, ask questions, etc. We can teach them what they need to know...if they're willing to learn.

But I *would* prefer that they be willing to actually read the answers they get, and provide the actual answers to questions they are asked so that we can help them.

And not to be dillweeds at us when we give them the info they asked for but they just don't like it or understand it.

I wouldn't require that anyone actually know anything related to ebikes before they can signup, ask questions, etc. We can teach them what they need to know...if they're willing to learn.

But I *would* prefer that they be willing to actually read the answers they get, and provide the actual answers to questions they are asked so that we can help them.

And not to be dillweeds at us when we give them the info they asked for but they just don't like it or understand it.

Ok..

I made the DIY nature a bit more apparent in some areas and went back to the old QA on signup ( instead of captcha ) that made you actually think.

AW, let me know if this changes the spammer signup rate.. curious if it is looser or tighter on spam.

Back