New to board...Hello

the Stig.... probably not the best picture to have in this forum taking how badly this petrol headed Top Gear is representing and misinforming the public about the electirc vehicles.

saying this, i do like to watch the programme - it is very entertaining! and the Stig is a great driver , that is for sure ;) [i actually found another member here called the Stig from Athens, must be your grand grandson... ]

Some say that after making love, he bites the head off his partner. And that he's had to give up binge drinking now that it's gone to one pound eighteen to a litre. All we know is, he's called The Stig.
--Jeremy Clarkson [S11E1]

It's obvious that I come from a different culture. Function is everything and aesthetics are only cool if they improve function. Call it ranch style or something.

I love the saddlebag type boxes because the weight is where I want it, they are well protected, and I can swap in fresh packs and go riding some more in seconds. I can also seperate my flaming lipo from the bike in seconds if I have to do that.

I like it that I have to go through the "hassle" of removing my batteries to charge. I know in an instant if one pack has a hot and puffy cell after a ride.

But to be honest, the bike never gets ridden into town. Riding in London, you sure wouldn't want a pile of square bricks with wires hanging out showing. And it rains. So you'd at least want a top to the boxes.

Evening all.....well, it is here.............
Been pondering installations, and we have arrived at 4 - 6s1p 5000mah packs 'bricked', to be installed in an decent Aluminium box with all the ' necessary electronics' then mounted to a seat post rack, I loaned a seat post rack and strapped 9lb and (11lb for 60volt... :lol: ) on it and went for a human power ride to see how it handled, happy with that.

The only other high light of the week was trying out a 36v 10ah pack on the Cyclamatic, whisked me to an eyewatering 20mph...... :lol: :lol: that about concludes Cyclamatic performance enhancing. Can't do much more this month, on a workathon....

Yeah, I know my avatar is a bit naff, all I had available, using a new laptop, going thru the 'file transfer procedure'..........new avatar on its way.... :lol:

ATB

Tony

I have not been able to do a lot this month due to a workathon I am on, and still on till Sunday. Have had plenty of time to ‘data mine’ ES.
My original plan was to go for a MP3, but the more I read, the more I thought I would get bored with that setup, some more searching and finally decided on the X-Lyte HS3540 / 72v-45amp controller / X-Lyte APM,which all arrived this morning.
Not sure about ‘e-braking’….the Commencal has hydraulic brakes, if I get my engineering head on I could modify the existing lever assembly to accommodate the switches.
Going to base my build on Jimbo’s build -
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32754
And mount 8 – 5s1p 5000mah packs on the downtube, I sussed out what ducting was used, and I can get it local to me.
I am soooooo tempted to build the bike, then go for a stripdown and take the frame to a mates body shop for a re-paint in Satin Black, I think that would look neat and ‘Stealth’ it a bit…?

I'll start a proper build thread once I get going.
All the best.
Tony.

Attachments

• MTB-004a.jpg
    MTB-004a.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 325
  • photo1-2.jpg
    photo1-2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 325
Back