New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Anybody knows where to get a replacement X seal, the one that goes around the main gear behind the plastic cover?

Mine broke a while back and I thought I could live without it but I looked inside recently and some grit made it in.

This is the seal I’m after:

UPDATE!
it looks like I solved the problem of the motor activating to easily without weight ( shown in my video)..
I changed min current and step to ZERO
IMG_6908.jpg

Also played with startup boost but then changed back to "DISABLED"
IMG_6909.jpg
what are your STARTUP BOOST settings?

electroriderIT said:
here we go! I calibrated again in a more scientific way ;)
here the results...what do you think?
Schermata 2021-05-25 alle 11.28.59.png

But SAME BEHAVIOUR of the pedals!!!
I CANT GET RID OF THIS:
[youtube]y4ScIMUBOTk[/YouTube]

as Other informations that may help you or CAsahino himself to help me..is this...I don't have idea if the values recorrect when I make the pedals rotate without weight:
[youtube]09XU7NCepi8[/youtube]

HELPPPPPPPPP :confused:

skestans said:
It’s a big gap between 10 and 45 and 70. I’d suggest using weights in between these values and getting rid of the 5kg measurement as it’s too close to the 6kg.

Whatever value you get is what you put into the firmware. Everyone has widely different values and that’s why calibration is necessary. There isn’t much point in comparing values across units.

For TSDZ2 with OSF V1.1 and 860 display.. can anyone help?...I do have a problem with the power. The motor PAS will not work when I pedal. The display shows human power when I pedal but no matter what power level I select, the motor power shows zero. When I apply throttle power (with no pedaling), the motor powers up and moves the bike. If I then start pedaling while holding the throttle, the motor starts assisting and I get a readout on the motor power and everything works fine. I can release the throttle and the motor continues assisting BUT once I stop pedaling and human power drops to zero, the motor assist will not come back on until I engage the throttle again. I tried adjusting the distance between the speed sensor and magnet and even removed the speed sensor but it was not the speed sensor.

Any recommendations on how to fix this?

lumr002 said:
For TSDZ2 with OSF V1.1 and 860 display.. can anyone help?...I do have a problem with the power. The motor PAS will not work when I pedal. The display shows human power when I pedal but no matter what power level I select, the motor power shows zero. When I apply throttle power (with no pedaling), the motor powers up and moves the bike. If I then start pedaling while holding the throttle, the motor starts assisting and I get a readout on the motor power and everything works fine. I can release the throttle and the motor continues assisting BUT once I stop pedaling and human power drops to zero, the motor assist will not come back on until I engage the throttle again. I tried adjusting the distance between the speed sensor and magnet and even removed the speed sensor but it was not the speed sensor.

Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Stupid question, but… did you try with assist level > 0? Asking because I did that mistake myself the first time, I didn’t realize it defaults to assist 0 after flashing.

I did not flash. I bought motor and display with OSF V1.1 already installed from Eco-Cycles.

I did not flash. I bought motor and display with OSF V1.1 already installed from Eco-Cycles.

I've just bought and installed TSDZ2 250w / 36v and it does not work.
Did I miss some button or config setting?
- Battery fully charged;
- Speed sensor installed;
- I don't have throttle lever;
- Screen is working, shows battery, shows speed, all the buttons work, I can change assist level;
- Set walk assist to ON (went to settings using power+i, then pressed i four times, VLCD5);

The engine looks dead. Tried running a bike, tried walking (hold - button for walk assist). Not a single sign of life, no sound etc.

Then installed both e-brakes - no change.Tried disconnecting speed sensor/brakes - no change.

I don't have throttle lever, tried to touch contacts with a screwdriver - no effect.

Anything else I can do before sending the bike to the nearest city service center?

Kasheftin said:
Anything else I can do before sending the bike to the nearest city service center?
For a 36v motor the battery should be less than 42v. Maybe get it down to 40v and try again just in case
There is a hidden setting to check your torque sensor it working too. Make sure you don’t have any weight on the peddles when you turn on your motor

Hi everyone, glad to be here, you very much helped me in hard install process of this engine to my full-suspension Kona Coil Air 2012 :thumb: I have read all 347 pages and make right conclusion how to be in my situation..
It was a long way to fit TSDZ2 in my non-standard bottom bracket and frsme, so many aluminium dust is chipped away 😂
I can't use back holder because of unique frame, so i decided to improve a friction forces between motor case and frame & security ring. Now it holds only on one security plate screw, but motor can't rotating forward because of no place to go, frame bottom is just don't allows it.
Additionally i used rubber ring on drive side to prevent vibration and it's working perfectly as i suggested - no noice or any unpredictable movings..
Here you can see some pictures of process and final result. Kona Coil Air 2012 have 36 Fox Talas fork with 140-180mm clearance and 150-210mm Magic Link rear suspension with Fox Float RP2
It's 15,6kg weight, +3,8kg TSDZ2 motor +4,5kg 19Ah battery (i think it's enough to 200km of mixed ride, because i use most ECO and TOUR modes).
So i can fly on air with my bike with unplugged battery and start to planning a trip around Lykia Trail in Turkey (south coast, Mediterranean sea) at this summer.. it's about 500km from Dalaman airport to Antalya.😜
And I'll be glad if somebody wants to join me in this trip, i am road structure (geotechnical) engineer, it will not be boring with me 🙃
My 36th birthday was yesterday and i am full of positive emotions which i like to share 🥳.
And my bike is just reborn with this modification, as i expected!
I'll be glad to answer any questions and share information, don't be shy, i like new people.
Thanks for this thread 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_171119.jpg
    IMG_20210519_171119.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153710.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153710.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153425.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153425.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153409.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153409.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153350.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153350.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153332.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153332.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153235.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153235.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210519_153312.jpg
    IMG_20210519_153312.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210525_184806.jpg
    IMG_20210525_184806.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210522_192052.jpg
    IMG_20210522_192052.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210522_183712.jpg
    IMG_20210522_183712.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210521_212118.jpg
    IMG_20210521_212118.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210521_212134.jpg
    IMG_20210521_212134.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_20210521_212231.jpg
    IMG_20210521_212231.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_20210522_183552~2.jpg
    IMG_20210522_183552~2.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 940
Antoneo said:
Hi everyone, glad to be here, you very much helped me in hard install process of this engine to my full-suspension Kona Coil Air 2012 :thumb: I have read all 347 pages and make right conclusion how to be in my situation..

I'll be glad to answer any questions and share information, don't be shy, i like new people.
Thanks for this thread 😊
Love it, congrats on your build, looks great

Antoneo said:
My 36th birthday was yesterday and i am full of positive emotions which i like to share 🥳.
Thanks for this thread 😊
Thanks for sharing and nice building. However I think that battery is not that beautiful on that place, because is to big compared to the tube of the frame. If you are planning such long trip, then you should install our OpenSource source firmware that improves the motor efficiency and so you can use a smaller battery or have more range with the same battery.

Also, I would build a custom thin battery and put inside the frame as I bet you do not need all that capacity and weight daily and I would use another extra battery for that long rides only. Also that way I would choose a battery with highest capacity cells, so meaning a smaller and lighter battery for that same capacity you have. In fact I just did what I am saying, as I also did some long trips using an extra battery.

Is there a corresponding program for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 as for TSDZ2 motor controller v1
(JavaConfigurator.jar)
Very good program for configuring TSDZ2.
Have seen that new firmware is being worked on
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&sid=bc1ec25b604decedb290d1969a01f6d1&start=8525#p1652433

Akita said:
Is there a corresponding program for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 ...(JavaConfigurator.jar)
Have seen that new firmware is being worked ...
Development of v2 has just started and it is not yet known, if that is even possible, when there may be a working version.
All FW versions for v1 have the same origin, so does the java version for stock displays too.
The development of such a version will therefore take even longer.
So you have to be very patient or willing to contribute with programming.

Elinx said:
Akita said:
Is there a corresponding program for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 ...(JavaConfigurator.jar)
Have seen that new firmware is being worked ...
Development of v2 has just started and it is not yet known, if that is even possible, when there may be a working version.
All FW versions for v1 have the same origin, so does the java version for stock displays too.
The development of such a version will therefore take even longer.
So you have to be very patient or willing to contribute with programming.

It would be good if there was a thread where only the development of now software for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 is available so I do not have to look for information.

Akita said:
It would be good if there was a thread where only the development of now software for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 is available so I do not have to look for information.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=111287

Waynemarlow said:
Akita said:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=111287
Thanks!
Exactly what I was looking for.

Akita said:
......a thread where only the development of now software for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 is available so I do not have to look for information.
Akita said:
I don't want to be rude, but are you reading the complete answers you get?
Because again I linked earlier to V2 FW development here, when I answered you.
Again you have missed that, I think.

Elinx said:
Akita said:
......a thread where only the development of now software for TSDZ2 motor controller v2 is available so I do not have to look for information.
Akita said:
I don't want to be rude, but are you reading the complete answers you get?
Because again I linked earlier to V2 FW development here, when I answered you.
Again you have missed that, I think.

Thanks!

Tested my new TSDZ2 v2 36v (coaster brake) to the store.
about 10 km. Everything seemed OK.
When I was going home, the display showed 5 bars out of 6 for the battery. No help from the engine. When I got home, I measured the battery voltage to 39 volts.
What could be the cause?

Akita said:
Tested my new TSDZ2 v2 36v ... the display showed 5 bars out of 6 for the battery. No help from the engine.....
No help of the engine? How do you test the tsdz2? :wink:
36V is just a nominal Voltage for calculating (sort of average value)
A just fully charged 36V battery in good condition measures 42V and can be drained to about 30V.
If you start the display, the controller started too, so you battery will drain. How much depends again of the condition of it.
More important is the distance, you can go with a full charge and helping engine.

Elinx said:
Akita said:
Tested my new TSDZ2 v2 36v ... the display showed 5 bars out of 6 for the battery. No help from the engine.....
No help of the engine? How do you test the tsdz2?
36V is just a nominal Voltage for calculating (sort of average value)
A just fully charged 36V battery in good condition measures 42V and can be drained to about 30V.
If you start the display, the controller started too, so you battery draines also. How much depends again of the condition of it.
More important is the distance, you can go with a full charge and working engine.
I have a hill and there were no problems to the store.
Felt directly in the pedals that the engine helped.
Tried ECO, TOUR, SPEED and TURBO.
Felt it was different.
On the return trip also a hill but without the help of the motor.
The display shows completely OK on both occasions.
5 bars when I cycled to the store and 5 at home.
Tried ECO, TOUR, SPEED and TURBO.
No difference, Same as OFF.

Akita said:
....On the return trip also a hill but without the help of the motor.
.. Tried ECO, TOUR, SPEED and TURBO.
What was the speed you are going downhill?
max speed of the v2 controller is 25km/h
Above this the engine give no help anymore.

Elinx said:
Akita said:
....On the return trip also a hill but without the help of the motor.
.. Tried ECO, TOUR, SPEED and TURBO.
What was the speed you are going downhill?
max speed of the v2 controller is 25km/h
Above this the engine give no help anymore.
A short hill down and then on level ground.
No help on level ground home but to the store.
Then a small hill at the end of the journey. No help.
Never cycled over 25 km / h

Back