Newbe Duel drive controller

Just got a dk300 max the oe controller only 750w for both motors. Will only do 32mph with me on it. would like to get 40 mph out of it for now. Thay are rated at mxus 1200w each.or so it says.I don’t know what controller to buy I am going to do more upgrades in the future. upgrade battery voltage and rear motor to 8000w. So I would like to get a controller that can handle that do I need sine wave,kt or can don’t know how to choose even considering reconfiguring the 2, 20ah batteries into one 96v battery but will have to get a bms to do that any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1013_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1013_Original.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Just don't. Let crappy bikes be crappy, and don't make problems for other people who will have to scrape you off the road.

If you want a real motorcycle, start with a real motorcycle. What you have isn't a bicycle or a motorcycle, and is a less competent vehicle than either one.

I would definitely not take that chassis up to such speeds you're planning.

- The very short wheelbase and reach make for poor maneuverability at low speeds and worse at high. The margin of error for steering gets a lot smaller the faster you go.
- The frame has very thin tubes. If it's made of aluminum, it has to be flexy. That's bad.
- The suspension on front and rear are not up to the task of handling high speed.

I would scrap the entire idea. If you want 8000W, you really want either the absolute strongest bicycle frame you can get ( downhill frames are good ), or move up to a scooter/motorcycle chassis.

Last edited:
Actually it is steel frame weight is about 130 lbs has a full suspension it just looks small in the photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
I would definitely not take that chassis up to such speeds you're planning.

- The very short wheelbase and reach make for poor maneuverability at low speeds and worse at high. The margin of error for steering gets a lot smaller the faster you go.
- The frame has very thin tubes. If it's made of aluminum, it has to be flexy. That's bad.
- The suspension on front and rear are not up to the task of handling high speed.

I would scrap the entire idea. If you want 8000W, you really want either the absolute strongest bicycle frame you can get ( downhill frames are good ), or move up to a scooter/motorcycle chassis.
Thx

All steel frame may just go to a mxus 5000 turbo but want a controller that will push at least the 1200 per hub

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 1
I have a Meelod DK 300 max would like the controller power anyone have any suggestions two motors and 2 batteries 48v 20ah one controller for both motors only 750w don’t have any idea would like to atleast get 1200w controller for both motors sine wave or can or kt what kind I need

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1013_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1013_Original.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 1
Actually it is steel frame weight is about 130 lbs has a full suspension it just looks small in the photo

OK, steel is good. It's still a really short wheelbase with a very upright position that can't be pedaled unless you're ~4ft tall.
Kind of screams illegal bike too, i'd have a problem with that.

You'll end up replacing basically every part if you move forward and hit a wall with handling. I think you'd be right that you'd be happier with a Surron.

TBH i've owned an XL size downhill bike with very expensive suspension and it starts getting skittish at 50mph. @ 6kW. You can also easily end up with severe wheelie problems at 4kW on that bike, had to creep on the throttle real gently, lol.

Bike i'm talking about with a 1.5kw leafmotor:

1710642828113.png

If you're in some area where the lawman really doesn't care you have an unregistered motorcycle;

These cheap enduro frames for ebikes could be a good option due to the quite long swingarm.
1710642743377.png

Just got a dk300 max the oe controller only 750w for both motors. Will only do 32mph with me on it. would like to get 40 mph out of it for now. Thay are rated at mxus 1200w each.or so it says.I don’t know what controller to buy I am going to do more upgrades in the future. upgrade battery voltage and rear motor to 8000w. So I would like to get a controller that can handle that do I need sine wave,kt or can don’t know how to choose even considering reconfiguring the 2, 20ah batteries into one 96v battery but will have to get a bms to do that any suggestions?

You really should look at 2wd controller kits for scooters. I used a Varla Eagle kit (2x 1000w controller, throttle, wiring, and all the switches) with two 400w motors to reach 35 mph (215lbs rider). I'm confident that a +750w motor will allow me to reach 40 mph. Additionally, eScooters has on-the-fly Turbo/Econo & Single/Dual buttons, which are extra convenient.

my 750w mxus hub motor has 1200w stickers what does that mean. I think it is a 750 by the numbers on the side the picture will explain

Attachments

• IMG_1021_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1021_Original.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Power ratings on motors are always a bit of an estimate based on use case. A manufacturer might call a motor 750watt meaning they intend for it to tolerate 750 watts continuously under normal use. That same 750 watt motor run at 2x the voltage in a smaller wheel might do peaks of 3000watts so a retailer selling it as a kit might market it as a 3000watt motor.

There are also laws about importing different power level bikes for classification as a legal ebike vs moped. Sometimes the ratings and stickers are just lies to keep things legal.

There is no official absolute power rating. You have to rely on other users experiences or use a temp sensor to figure out what it will take.

I have a second question if I am running duel 750w motors with one controller should I use a 1500w controller or is the 750w controller going to give both motors 750w

I don't know how you could run 2 motors with one controller. There are some controllers that are designed to drive 2 motors. They are essentially 2 controllers in the same physical enclosure. If its something like that you would want to send 750 watts to both motors since that would more effectively utilize them to the best of their potential.

I have a second question if I am running duel 750w motors with one controller should I use a 1500w controller or is the 750w controller going to give both motors 750w
You can't run two brushless motors from the same controller; you'll need one controller per motor. You can use a single battery as long as it will support the total amp load.

You can put a second plug on your throttle wire (with only GND and signal, no red wire on the second plug) to run both controllers together.

It’s that way from the factory see pick that’s the controller so what should I replace it with 2 what would be the best

Attachments

• IMG_1013_Original.jpeg
    IMG_1013_Original.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0919_Original.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6211.jpeg
    IMG_6211.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Note that it says *2 (x2) on each of several entries, this means there are two controllers inside that box, even if they're on one board.

What problem are you having with the controller that requires replacing it?

To pick a controller you need to know or find out and then make a list of:

--what is your battery current limit? Your total controller current limit, both together, can't be higher than that, and should be as much less as possible so you aren't stressing the battery (whcih ages it faster and for most of the cheap poorly-built batteries that come with things can cause assorted problems--just look around the forum for all the battery troubleshooting threads for examples). If you stick with a total limit the same as your existing controller, it should be safe. (this will limit the total power to the same as your existing controller--if you need a higher power level you may have to replace the battery to support it, since the battery must supply *all* the power the system ever uses).

--what is your battery voltage? Your controller will have to be able to operate on this; if it's too high the controller may fail, if it's too low the controller may not even try to run the motor. If you stick with the same voltage your existing controller uses, it should work.

--how much power do you actually need for the job you need the system to do for you? You can take your specific riding conditions, including wind, hills, your weight plus system plus anything you carry, etc., to simulators and calculators like those at ebikes.ca to guesstimate how much power it actually takes to do whatever it is you want to do.

--what are your specific needs on the system? What features do you want it to have? What specific things do you want it to do for you, or be capable of? Make yourself a list, and be as complete and detailed as possible. Don't make any assumptions about what any controller can do for you; specify exactly what you want, so you can make sure that your new one(s) can do those things.

Note that if you want higher speed, it's possible that in addition to more power, you'd have to change the motors to ones with faster windings, or change the battery to a higher voltage to make them spin faster, as well as using controllers that support that higher voltage.

BTW, I merged all your threads for this same thing to the first one you started on it, to keep all the info together, so those helping you can have all of it in one place, and you won't have to keep answering the same questions over and over, and helpers won't have to keep asking the same questions over and over.

Last edited:
I have 2 48v 20ah batteries not sure on amps that the bms can handle how can I find out without opening them or is that the only way don’t know enough about it yet but that’s why I’m asking trying to learn more about it. Thanks again for all the advice everyone IMG_6241.jpegIMG_6239.jpegIMG_6242.jpegIMG_6240.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_6244.pngIMG_6244.png
Just did the math 91 cells per pack works out to 13s 7p which is 48.1v if I repurpose the cells for 1 big 52v battery these cells have only been thru 4 charge cycles the looking for a local battery builder don’t know hard it is but don’t have the proper tools for the job I live in a small town in north Georgia so I have a few hills I stay away for the long hills that is why I went with dual motor and and battery but the main road in my town is 40 to 45 mph would like for people to not push me when I have to drive in the road. I can’t ride on sidewalks where there is one I think between 40 to 45 mph Is my goal any tips I found a dual drive controller on Ali

If you have two batteries and you intend to run both motors together, then it would be best to use two separate controllers so the batteries don't have to be paralleled.

Those batteries probably max out at 40A or less, so your controllers should be rated no higher than that.

Last edited:
I have the same problem don’t know what rim size to buy and for what reason I am only 5.5 does that make the difference any help

Back