non-pedal GNG 4kw

Hi christer

Do you have any problems with the rear derailleur and cluster running 4kw through it ? is that peak or continuous 4kw ?

Do you change gears at the back ? and do u let go of the throttle on gear changes ?

How many speeds out back and what chain are you using ?

the reason i ask, i have seen many people with hi power mid drives that go through the rear cluster, often break the rear derailleur off or snap chains ?

Hi Gab!
I have never broken a chain so far.
That is standard shimano HG40 6-8 speed chain and 11- 34 cassette. My idea was to change chain and cluster often but i havent. The bike is light and im a lightweight guy which probably helps the chain survive.
I mostly just run the Three biggest sprockets and ease the throttle when changing gear.
Power is about 3kw continous when playing around doin wheelies. Things get a little warm but not hot.
Power could be set higher in the controller, maybe up to 7kw. But powerdelivery is too brutal when applying massive amp to this motor. Maybe some other kind of throttle regulation could solve it. CA V3 throttle ramping, i don't know.
Powerband is nice, smooth and long with 30-40 amp an 100v.
In fact i think the restricting eddiecurrnents in the highst rpm:s @100v make the motor very easy to regulate in wheelies. I like it better there than in a lower gear and with more torque.

Back