Perth group ride

Can't join you unfortunately - My bike is going to be in Sydney - winning races :p

I'll have to take a rain cheque on this one too, hopefully next time as I would like to check out your shop Modbikemax.

Greg

No takers last Saturday, the weather looked dodgy in the morning but cleared up. The best thing was it wasn't too hot.
I clocked up 30ks later in the day along the south side of the river past the racer goers at Ascot. One guy offered to buy my bike but I thing he was pissed.

Same again for next Saturday if you can make it. Cheers

Turned out a pretty nice day. We rode into town along the south side of the river and called in to Just Ride it bike shop in Hay street. From there we rode back down to the river over the narrows and back along the South Perth bike track.

The fore cast is fine for next Saturday.

The number for the shop above is short one number should be 0423102488.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 3,518
Just got back from a great ride with Max (on his Chrome bike - even nicer in real life than in photos) and Brian, who was riding a non-electric bike. From Max's shop, through Maylands, along the Swan, through to Perth City - popped into Just ride It in Hay St, had some lunch. Then, up to North Perth to see a recumbent that Max/ Brian were interested in. Spent a fair amount of time trying to get Brian settled to ride the recumbent!

Then, back to Bayswater (Max and I abandoned Brian, who was still talking to the recumbent guy). All in all, a great day. Thanks Max!

This is Max and the recumbent....
Max2.jpg

Also - for anyone who is looking for a very good bike carrier - this carries two downhill bikes with ease. To put the carrier on the tow bar takes less than 30 seconds, and to put each bike on takes literally 10 seconds. Much easier to use than a motorbike carrier. Rated to take 2 x 25kg bikes (the downhill bike version). Called Hi-Ride carrier.
http://gripsport.com.au/index.php/product/Hi-Ride-Carrier-2-bike
rack1.jpg
rack2.jpg

Rodney64 said:
Sounds like you all had a good ride. Sorry I missed this one.
yip, I thought that you would be there! I may only have one or two more rides in Perth, I am off to Dubai at the end of the year.

Recumbents are a strange animal. The Cruzebike inventor, John Tolhurst, lives in Perth and we managed to track him down.
He was very patient with us and gave Brian and myself a taste of what it is to ride a recumbent. All I can say it takes a bit of getting used to. It made for a very interesting afternoon.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s3236719.htm

Peter's bike gets up and goes too. Very impressive.

Looking forward to next Saturday.

I'm working all day tomorrow Rodney, but we'll be up at Wanneroo on Sunday with Voltron. Come on up since you have the range :)

Another successful ride.
David rolled up on his pocket rocket, I gave it a go :D wow, and he tells me it was on the low setting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 3,038
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,038
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg