Perth, western australia Zero motorcycles.

Falco

100 W
Call out to all people of Perth,
I want to get a zero motor cycle dealership set up in perth. The current industry players dont want to adapt so i believe a few people here are mad enought to help me pull it off. Lets do. If you are in perth and keen to get this off the ground then let me know. I have good business ideas to get this off the ground but i need a bit of help and more capital. I also can do it alone as i have my main job which ill use to fund this to get it going.
Let me know,
Sam

can't help with money but time I have, need a person for "sales" customer service answer phones etc experienced in that.. happy to help..

good luck...

KiM

I think it's a great idea, but you should get in touch with Kevin Beale in Melbourne first. Australia is a small market, and Perth is even smaller, so there might not be enough room for two dealers.

Brett Sutherland is goinng to be the Brammo dealer for Australia (Newcastle). Hopefully there will be some room for you over here.

Good luck!

Chris

AussieJester said:
can't help with money but time I have, need a person for "sales" customer service answer phones etc experienced in that.. happy to help..

good luck...

KiM
Awesome KiM,
Just what we need.
jonescg said:
I think it's a great idea, but you should get in touch with Kevin Beale in Melbourne first. Australia is a small market, and Perth is even smaller, so there might not be enough room for two dealers.

Brett Sutherland is goinng to be the Brammo dealer for Australia (Newcastle). Hopefully there will be some room for you over here.

Good luck!

Chris
Hi Chris,
i should have said i just got off the phone to him and there is currently nobody in perth willing to take it on.
This is something im completely committed to. This is the key to E motorcycles of the future. I figure that since im not happy in the industry im in now that this is a chance to start with something i am passionate about.
I just cant do it alone atm. I have good mates who have run businesses before to help but i need people who believe in this to help it happen.
Best regards,
Sam

Well if there's going to be a second dealer in Oz, one on the west coast makes sense :) I think they will sell pretty well here, but the distances are a bit of a downside. We have to ride a long way to get to the good road. Not the non-plural ;)

I'm happy to help where I can. If you need passionate e-moto guys on the west coast, I'm here :D

Oh - and get onto it, as I know another person who is thinking of taking on e-motos in Perth.

jonescg said:
Well if there's going to be a second dealer in Oz, one on the west coast makes sense :) I think they will sell pretty well here, but the distances are a bit of a downside. We have to ride a long way to get to the good road. Not the non-plural ;)

I'm happy to help where I can. If you need passionate e-moto guys on the west coast, I'm here :D

Oh - and get onto it, as I know another person who is thinking of taking on e-motos in Perth.
If you know someone thinking about it then put him in contact with me please. As I said I cant do it alone right now. Im not thinking about doing it.. Im trying to get it done. There will be a dealer here. Whether its me or someone else. :shock:

Have you been following the Forums ?....
Hello Australia,

We are happy to let you know that your long wait to ride a Zero is almost over. The 2014 lineup is, at this very moment, in transit from our factory in California and scheduled to arrive on your shores in March.

This month Zero Motorcycles signed an agreement with Cento Per Cento, one of Australia's leading motorcycle distributors, to take on the role of Zero Motorcycles Australia. They are currently in the process of finalizing the initial network of Australian dealerships and allocating the first shipment of motorcycles.

Zero Motorcycles is working closely with Cento Per Cento to update our website with the latest Australian dealers, contact information and pricing. We hope to have all that information available and online by March 1st.

We realize that it has been a long wait for many of you and would like to thank you for your continued support. We look forward to getting you on a Zero and hearing about your rides soon.

In the meantime, should you have any other questions please contact our distributor directly at: zero@centopercento.co

Kind Regards,

Your Friends at Zero

And this ..
I emailed centopercento and this is the Australian pricing they gave me
(indicative ride-away prices and subject to change):

ZERO S 8.5

ZERO S 11.4

ZERO SR

ZERO DS 11.4

ZERO FX 5.7

Z-FORCE POWER TANK

..and...
Compare AU (unofficial), US and EU and Canada to see how much OZ tax we are paying

Au$1.10 = US$1 = €0.72 = Cad$1.10

Model $Au, $US , € euro, $Canada
S 11.4 $Au23,490 $US14,995 €15,100 $CAD15,745
SR 11.4 $Au25,490 $US16,995 €16,990 $CAD17,845
DS 11.4 $Au23,490 $US14,995 €15,100 $CAD15,745
FX 5.7 $Au19,490 $US11,990 €12,160 $CAD12595
So, ..yet again Aussie,..bend over and take it like a man ! :shock:

Hillhater said:
Have you been following the Forums ?....
Hello Australia,

We are happy to let you know that your long wait to ride a Zero is almost over. The 2014 lineup is, at this very moment, in transit from our factory in California and scheduled to arrive on your shores in March.

This month Zero Motorcycles signed an agreement with Cento Per Cento, one of Australia's leading motorcycle distributors, to take on the role of Zero Motorcycles Australia. They are currently in the process of finalizing the initial network of Australian dealerships and allocating the first shipment of motorcycles.

Zero Motorcycles is working closely with Cento Per Cento to update our website with the latest Australian dealers, contact information and pricing. We hope to have all that information available and online by March 1st.

We realize that it has been a long wait for many of you and would like to thank you for your continued support. We look forward to getting you on a Zero and hearing about your rides soon.

In the meantime, should you have any other questions please contact our distributor directly at: zero@centopercento.co

Kind Regards,

Your Friends at Zero

And this ..
I emailed centopercento and this is the Australian pricing they gave me
(indicative ride-away prices and subject to change):

ZERO S 8.5

ZERO S 11.4

ZERO SR

ZERO DS 11.4

ZERO FX 5.7

Z-FORCE POWER TANK

..and...
Compare AU (unofficial), US and EU and Canada to see how much OZ tax we are paying

Au$1.10 = US$1 = €0.72 = Cad$1.10

Model $Au, $US , € euro, $Canada
S 11.4 $Au23,490 $US14,995 €15,100 $CAD15,745
SR 11.4 $Au25,490 $US16,995 €16,990 $CAD17,845
DS 11.4 $Au23,490 $US14,995 €15,100 $CAD15,745
FX 5.7 $Au19,490 $US11,990 €12,160 $CAD12595
Why yes I have. Thats off the whirlpool forum if im not mistaken.

Id pay that for this bike. Having owned a good variety of superbikes i can tell you that the time of petrol bikes is passing. Gone are poor performance and range for 95%of people here.

Good luck Falco.

I was hoping to try the Zero at the Electrikhana, but I didn't see it by the time I left at 10am.
Was there one there?

Greg

Correct, Whirlpool.
The time of petrol bikes may be passing ,..but the pricing probably explains why some dealers are still reluctant to commit .
They know their customer base, and will know what sales to expect at that pricing.
People are greedy, they dont seem to understand that they have to build a market base first, in order to generate real sales.

Gregory said:
Good luck Falco.

I was hoping to try the Zero at the Electrikhana, but I didn't see it by the time I left at 10am.
Was there one there?

Greg
Hi Greg,
I missed it altogether due to work sorry. There was no bike there because nobody in perth wanted to be the dealer.
I have not seen obe in the flesh but thats where other members here have helped. LFP gave up 190bhp superbike for these. Nuff said.
Sam

Hillhater said:
Correct, Whirlpool.
The time of petrol bikes may be passing ,..but the pricing probably explains why some dealers are still reluctant to commit .
They know their customer base, and will know what sales to expect at that pricing.
People are greedy, they dont seem to understand that they have to build a market base first, in order to generate real sales.
Dealers who do not embrace change will be left behind. This is not about customer bases. This is a new product. Everything about motorbikes has changed. These are now bikes that will be ridden. They will replace cars permanately and be used everyday. Im prepared to put all i have on the line to get this going for nothing more then my knowing that without someone like me pushing it, people wont get to see the light and enjoyment of these beauties.

No need to preach to the converted.
If i were thinking of this, i would do my "due diligence" and make sure there was a viable market before i made a financial commitment.
You may be keen and willing to put up that kind of cash, but how many others in WA will actually walk the walk when it comes to putting down $20k ?
Ask the questions.
ES is a good starting place. A large proportion of people with an interest in EV's will read here.

Hillhater said:
No need to preach to the converted.

Hehe.. Sorry. I may have been getting carried away with the passion.

If i were thinking of this, i would do my "due diligence" and make sure there was a viable market before i made a financial commitment.
Im hearing you and believe there is this market here. We only need the products to be avalible.

You may be keen and willing to put up that kind of cash, but how many others in WA will actually walk the walk when it comes to putting down $20k ? WA is a boom state thats dying. There is still plenty of cash floating around to change peoples ideas about these bikes.
Ask the questions.
ES is a good starting place. A large proportion of people with an interest in EV's will read here.
Thats what im here for. To find out whos keen like me. Hopefully 1.9million from perth haha

Falco said:
Thats what im here for. To find out whos keen like me. Hopefully 1.9million from perth haha

Well, this thread reads like a call for others to get involved in a dealership business.
You need to gauge the market for buyers, not business investors.
Put up a simple poll or such,..but ask for only serious buyers,..not wannabees !
..and be clear.." who in Perth will buy a Zero for $20-$25k"...or such like
also remember the stats about how many responders actually end up as customers !

Hillhater said:
Falco said:

Well, this thread reads like a call for others to get involved in a dealership business.
You need to gauge the market for buyers, not business investors.
Put up a simple poll or such,..but ask for only serious buyers,..not wannabees !
..and be clear.." who in Perth will buy a Zero for $20-$25k"...or such like
also remember the stats about how many responders actually end up as customers !

I dont think a diy technology forum will have lots of customers. The target people are for this product are different. This product is to convert people away from petrol. Diy people here will continue to push the envolope of what is possible. This is for people with the means and the desire to try something off the shelf. People here are 2 steps ahead.
I can see the market exists. This bike practically sells its self if they just do the math.

Falco said:
I dont think a diy technology forum will have lots of customers. The target people are for this product are different. This product is to convert people away from petrol. Diy people here will continue to push the envolope of what is possible. This is for people with the means and the desire to try something off the shelf. People here are 2 steps ahead.
I can see the market exists. This bike practically sells its self if they just do the math.
I suspect you are underestimating the reader base of this site.
Personally, i think, if you cannot find a willing number of buyers on here, you wont find huge numbers elsewhere.

why does it cost so much more in australia? who is taking that cut? shipping cannot be more than $40-50 per bike in a container.

why could a sailor not just ride one up the gangplank in the US and drive it off in oz? of course he would be busted but the guy taking that cut is somehow legit. reality is backward.

There is not even any duty payable on motor bikes imported into Oz !
All there should be is a few bucks shipping,( $500 ?), FX adjustment ( 10% ), and Aussie GST ( 10%)
And,.. there could possibly be some US tax's deducted for export ?
A dealer margin would already be in those USA $$ numbers.

dnmun said:
why does it cost so much more in australia? who is taking that cut? shipping cannot be more than $40-50 per bike in a container.

why could a sailor not just ride one up the gangplank in the US and drive it off in oz? of course he would be busted but the guy taking that cut is somehow legit. reality is backward.

Two things probably -

The Australian Sucker Levy is the big one. Manufacturers and retailers know that they can charge more for stuff in Australia because we're suckers and we'll pay for it. Anything that costs $100 in the USA or China will cost $150 here. Why? Cause they know they can get away with it. Apple even sells electronic music over the internet for about 70% more than elsewhere in the world. Not even the exchange rate makes the difference. Shipping stuff to Oz adds a little to the price, but really, it's pretty bad. Also, the lithium ion battery is dangerous goods - Shipping DG's is hell expensive, and someone has to pay for it.

The second reason is the cost of homologation of vehicles to comply with Australian Design Rules, or ADR. If a vehicle is imported for cheap, the cost of getting it to comply with ADR is horrendous. So manufacturers have to go out of their way and spend a crapload of money on making sure the turn signal is the right shade of amber, or that the headlight is appropriate. I know someone who brought a Roher bike into Oz but he wasn't allowed to register it because the chassis wasn't ADR approved. So he took all the components out and put them into a Hyosung 650 chassis (which was approved) and had it licensed as a 'home conversion'.

There are several other sound reasons, but the cost to the dealer to bring them in is tremendous. They will be losing money on every bike they bring in for the first two containers. But once established and their GST rebates have come through, there is a modest living to be made importing and selling electric motorbikes here in bike-mad Australia.

Back