Phaserunner voltage reading inaccurate - 0.9v too high

Htfan

100 W
Recently decided to replace my old Lyen 12fet controller and upgrade to the Phaserunner V6. The installation and testing is going well with the one exception of inaccurate voltage sensing on the controller. For example, my 16s pack shows 67.4v on the Phaserunner utility (& CA3), but the actual pack is really only 66.5v.

This is causing other problems related to regen voltage and pack overvoltage errors.

Is there any "voltage calibration" function available (that I can't find)?

Appreciate any help.

If both the CA and PR read exactly the same voltage that seems high, but your other measuring device reads differently, it's more likely that the other device is inaccurate.

Do you have a fourth device to check with, or has this already been done, and getting the identical lower results with each of these other devices?

The CA has a calibration menu setting V/V but it's recommended in the manual/etc not to alter that, as it should be calibrated already from Grin.

I don't know what the PR calibration setting is if it has one, couldn't find anything in the manual or grin site in a quick peek.

If both the CA and PR read exactly the same voltage that seems high, but your other measuring device reads differently, it's more likely that the other device is inaccurate.

Do you have a fourth device to check with, or has this already been done, and getting the identical lower results with each of these other devices?

The CA has a calibration menu setting V/V but it's recommended in the manual/etc not to alter that, as it should be calibrated already from Grin.

I don't know what the PR calibration setting is if it has one, couldn't find anything in the manual or grin site in a quick peek.

@amberwolf thank you so much for responding to these various questions! Actually, my multimeter(s) are correct and the CA3/phaserunner were displaying the wrong voltage.

I did get the answer back from Grin. I incorrectly assumed the voltage calibration setting was in the controller, not the CA3. However, because I didn't see anything to adjust in either device (phaserunner or CA3) other than the one V/V setting that we're told not to touch. I was stuck.

So, Grin Support responded by saying go ahead adjust the CA3 V/V parameter. Well, I did and now we're good to go! From the factory the parameter came set to "31.34" and I incrementally adjusted down to "30.95". It is displaying the voltage perfectly now.

Last edited:
Back