Post Pics of your electrified 26'r !

fellow said:
Ottodog » Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 am
Nice job fellow! That's the stealthiest placement of batteries I've ever seen. How many Amp Hours were you able to stuff in there?
Thank you:). The white one has 36 pcs of Panasonic NCR18650PF batteries inside, 2 packs with 18s each. Range 25km. 5.8Ah at 18s (67V nominal, 75.6V HOTC), probably a bit less than 400Wh IRL. I'm still fine tuning its LVC to get most of it. The yellow one has 26 pcs of Panasonic NCR18650PF inside, 2 packs with 13s each. Range 18km. It is 5.8Ah at 13s (48V nominal, 54.6V HOTC).

Post by meelis11 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:22 am
Did you cut the frame to make hole? Or how did you put battery inside frame?
White one:
file.php

I removed the front badge and drilled the 21mm hole (18mm drill). That hole is later hidden by replaced badge. Second hole is hidden by 21mm on/off switch. Third small hole is where the cables are leaving the frame, close to the on/off switch. Controller is above the shock absorber, in between the plates. I can take out and replace all the batteries in about 15 minutes, if needed.
Yellow one: One hole behind the front badge, second hole where all cables are leaving the frame. Controller in the first aid kit. It takes few hours to remove/replace the batteries on this one.
Very Stealthy!

Where is your 1kW controller and where exactly are the batteries...? :shock:
The controller is custom made "Frankenstein" S06S hack. You can click on the "triebfluegel" link on my signature, and you can see where the controller is hidden :D . Picture is here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=166710

I used high voltage so I can keep switches, wire thickness, motor and controller size down (volt up, gear down thinking). Motor has 12.6:1 internal gearing, it is like having much bigger diameter DD. You just have to cool it and rev it high enough:). It follows the laws of physics and is not burnout capable, but it pulls really good at high revs.

That's amazing. I'd wager most people wouldn't even know it was electrified. At first I thought that was going to be a "before" pic. ;)

If you ignore the 24" back wheel, it's a 26'r !!

[youtube]E53Bsp6lFvM[/youtube]

Mmmm...if we're posting bikes that just have *a* 26" wheel, not *all* of the wheels have to be 26", then my main bike and trike go here, too (as would the old trike).... :)

Looks good Ottodog
BTW, Is that an Elon Musk product in your garage?? :wink:
He's a smart man and no mistake.

Since you can't really see the non-26" wheels on them very well, you could count these two (my main rides).

And no, not the fuzzy brown and white ones, the red ones. ;)

IMG_2348.jpg

Back