Price check: Selling a converted bike

COAR

100 W
This doesn't get much use anymore so I'm thinking of selling it. BBS02 + 8ah 52v battery with samsung cells. Bike is a 2014 Surly Instigator. Most parts are original but it has a newish tires and a new microshift drivetrain.

What's a fair asking price for this? Between the motor, battery and bike I have over 2k into it but I'd be surprised if I could get much more than half that.

EX45WBv.jpg

You probably don't want to ship it, so really it depends on your local market. In my local market prices have fallen dramatically since covid raging times, and that bike would be advertised on local Craigslist for the neighborhood of $1200, probably selling for $800-$1000 if the battery could be proven healthy.

You probably don't want to ship it, so really it depends on your local market. In my local market prices have fallen dramatically since covid raging times, and that bike would be advertised on local Craigslist for the neighborhood of $1200, probably selling for $800-$1000 if the battery could be proven healthy.
Yeah shipping isn't going to happen. That seems about right price wise. I put it on marketplace last night for $1300 - got a couple hits so far, but no serious interest yet.

If anyone on this forum is local (Denver area) and interested, let me know.

Neat conversion (especially like the steel frame and what looks like a Fox fork), but many discount a used battery. In socal, I'd put it in for $1200, but realistically be lucky with >$900, IMO.

Yeah $900 seems like a realistic option. Since I listed this ~2 months ago (at $1300) I've gotten some interest but only a single person has checked it out. Perhaps time for a price drop.

It's a great bike it looks like you did the right things. But I think there's a lot of bikes out there that people bought during covid and a third of them aren't even used them.
Plus it's hard to get a good price even though you have a high quality battery.

You did a great job keeping the weight centered and pretty low. If it doesn't sell, you might put in an ad asking about whether anyone was interested in the motor kit or whatever. I might be interested in the frame only. Also, consider changing the ad to a firm price as low as you would consider.

Back