Re: Street LEGAL Custom Bomber build! :-)

Kepler said:
I think maybe put some knobbies on the Bomber for some off road fun and keep the Bomber copy for urban commuting.

That´s just what i did. This bike is for commuting only. Yesterdays ride went over a total distance of 97 Km. At an average speed of 46 Km there was still enough energy left in the pack for maybe 8 to 10 km more. I squeezed almost 2 Kw out of the battery that day. :)

The side covers are steel sheets welded into the frames tubing. They sit 9mm inwards to expose the tubing better. Unfortunately such a long weld left the covers totally deformed. It took some time to get things straightened out.

Hello Dlogic, very nice frame and precise work!
What is your battery capacity (Wh or voltage and Ah) and its dimensions and weight?

Don't tell me where you live.. I will put my tent in your garden and squat your workshop ^^
VERY VERY impressive build! I like almost everything there!
Cannot wait to see your personal frame though ;)
Viele Grüße,
H.

Peters said:
Hello Dlogic, very nice frame and precise work!
What is your battery capacity (Wh or voltage and Ah) and its dimensions and weight?

The battery is a 6s 4p *4= 72 cells at 75 Volts and 32 Ah=2,4 Kw/h

Under real life circumstances a usable capacity of roughly 2,1 KW/h remains.

Dodjob said:
Don't tell me where you live.. I will put my tent in your garden and squat your workshop ^^
VERY VERY impressive build! I like almost everything there!
Cannot wait to see your personal frame though
Viele Grüße,
H.

There´s still a lot of tools on my wish list so setting up a tent in my backyard is not advisable. For the next month there will be a lot to do in and around the house. If time and money permit it, a new project will start during those long and cold winter month. :)

Wow, just WOW...

Just curious, do you happen to build airplanes, space rockets, robots, etc. for your day job?

Genius!!!

I wish I had the skills to make a beast like that!

Moreover, I wish I had the patience & confidence to not post anything about it until the end. I don't know how you did it.

I'm curious. I'm willing to bet building it was cheaper than buying an actual Stealth Bomber. How much was all your parts list minus the power equipment (saws, jigs, welding, etc.) :?:

You should bring that bike to the states when they do races with all the other hot rodders here. It's a shame we can't bring our battery packs with us on planes :roll:

It´s not that hard actually to keep a new build a secret. This way the public usually sees a good result. All the trouble that accompanies one on the long hard journey of building remains hidden. :D

Building your own bike is of course cheaper then just buying one. The big downside are the hidden costs. In order to produce good quality industrial type tools are a must have. No cheap and crappy stuff will make you a good bike. The moment all those working hours are taken into consideration will elevate the price tag to more or less what a new stealth will cost you.

But as written in the introduction there´s nothing more satisfying then building something from scratch. Furthermore including everything the stock bike is missing.

Sure thing man. :)

http://www.scooterkingz.com/styling-zubehoer/roller-spiegel-str8-cnc-style-m10-gewinde-links-carbon-124232.html This is the left side mirror

http://www.scooterkingz.com/styling-zubehoer/roller-spiegel-str8-cnc-style-m10-gewinde-rechts-carbon-124233.html This is the right side mirror

I love the quality. Machined out of one solid block of aluminum featuring tough adjustable joints that don´t loose their position ever. No matter how hard the ride! :twisted:

With these on road riding feels a lot more secure. Turning the head around to observe the rear traffic is a thing of the past with these.

Batfink said:
Fantatsic work, id love a charging setup like that

Thanks man, it´s really plug and play. I´ve done almost 200 cycles until now. All cells have remained in perfect balance. It´s a lot of work in order to get all those wires out to the charger and there´s a need to carry 2 plugs with me all the time.

The first has a built in resistor to precharge the controllers caps and thus prevent that big spark from happening.
The second connects the 3 big single packs in series for a total of 75V.

A new build will begin soon. Since i have the electronics all figured out the same battery configuration will be used. Maybe i´ll go for 40 Ah this time. :twisted:

Bloody marvelous. Very nice build. What year is your fork? Is it RCV? Was wandering if you could post the diameters (in/out) of the head tube u used and length?
Thanks, brilliant build

Ok, here´s a comparison of the bomber and it´s custom built version. :)

10omgcn.jpg

2vnqmv7.jpg

2cx84fo.jpg

2u4q1jt.jpg

Enjoy!

Back