Remember that BMW with State of the art diy battery?

Doctorbass

100 GW
This guy take all the necesary time to acheive very impressive results!!

Motorcycle using A123 cells

BMW using A123 cells

Now a Rav4 using thundersky cells...

all excellent project! http://www.evdrive.com/

Here is some update from the lasts month

this sis the finished 2300 cells A123 battery pack WATER COOLED !!!

P1010145.JPG

p1000991.jpg

DIY BMS SYSTEM:

P1000860.JPG

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Doc

1. he makes good and expensive projects...no doubt...i had email-contact with him
he is useing only the best parts...looks like he has much money to play with

2. the pack with 2300cells looks great...BUT...if this is all of the watercooling system, that we see on the picture...than its absolutely useless...
this few thin tubes are not gonna help to cool this huge pack down...not even 1degree
if the system is going inside the packs(i dont think so), that it may work out...

on the second picture...look at the picture on the wall...that looks like the 3x agni-motor concept of the TTXGP for 2009...

CamLight said:
Wow, absolutely beautiful.
But, I agree, the water cooling setup is useless. Very pretty, but useless. :)

Agreed.

Imaging having that much time and money to do your conversion :D

I'm about to start on the battery boxes for my saxo electrique lithium conversion (ts cells) and plan to do something similar but mainly for heating the cells to 10 Celsius in cold weather.

My initial plan is to run copper pipes much like those in a separate layer underneath the cells. As it looks now there is not much room for adding insulation to box sides but all water hoses between boxes/controller/pump/radiator will be insulated. Have a little in line heater and a solenoid valve to bypass the radiator turn on once the temperature drops beneath ex. 10C

Here is what I did to the bottom of the pack for thermal control (heating in winter, cooling in summer):

This pack structure has inner ribs that thermally conduct heat from the bases that also makes for a very rigid box. There is no flexing whatsoever with a full load of modules.

Back