runaway bike problems..

steveo

100 kW
Hey Everyone,

So i've had run away bike problems a couple of times with my 2wd x5303 bike .. which is not as fun as it sounds... lol

i wana make sure i got the throttle linked together correctly to run my dual controllers..

so what i do is hook up my throttle to the 5v pos/neg/siginal from the primary controller.. and then parrallel the signal wire to the secondary controller..

is this correct?

what happened yesterday.. was i decided to run just the primary controller (front motor only).. and the thottle started acting weired and then went full throttle out of no where.. luckly i didn't kill myself..

any ideas?

thanks
-steveo

What controllers are you using. Sound more like a faulty throttle or bad connections to me.

Tried 2 different throttles.. not a throttle issue..

Using the eb3 series 24fet controllers for the setup

Steveo

steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

so what i do is hook up my throttle to the 5v pos/neg/siginal from the primary controller.. and then parrallel the signal wire to the secondary controller..

is this correct?

what happened yesterday.. was i decided to run just the primary controller (front motor only).. and the thottle started acting weired and then went full throttle out of no where.. luckly i didn't kill myself..

any ideas?
-steveo

This is how I run my twin controllers and never had had any issues. I would suggest that the plugs and wires are checked very carefully going into the controller also Make sure that the high throttle lock out is set the the firmware of both controller's or it may be that you have a faulty controller.

gwhy! said:
steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

is this correct?

any ideas?
-steveo

This is how I run my twin controllers and never had had any issues. I would suggest that the plugs and wires are checked very carefully going into the controller also Make sure that the high throttle lock out is set the the firmware of both controller's or it may be that you have a faulty controller.

Which is hight throttle lockout?

I use zombies software to program...

Thanks!

-Steveo

I'd suspect a bad wire connection in the ground wire somewhere between the controller and the throttle. Double check all the connections. Otherwise, when you turn off the unused controller, how is the power disconnected? The ground (battery negative) of both controllers should always stay connected.

fechter said:
I'd suspect a bad wire connection in the ground wire somewhere between the controller and the throttle. Double check all the connections. Otherwise, when you turn off the unused controller, how is the power disconnected? The ground (battery negative) of both controllers should always stay connected.

I had second controller unplugged!!

I will keep this in mine.. had no idea..

Ill check the software for throttle protect

Keep yall posted

-steveo

The BEMF from the unused motor could generate voltage enough to power it up if the phase wires are still connected. I think if you keep the ground sides of both connected, you shouldn't have much chance of back feeding the throttle.

Back