Sabvoton 72200 e brake throttle wires

tymotors

1 mW
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Sabvoton controller. Unfortunately, it appears that I have purchased the wrong variant. I would like to know if I can add in proportional regenerative braking functionality. If any of you have a Sabvoton controller with this capability, could you post a picture of the circuit board and find out where those wires are supposed to go. Hopefully this will be informative for many people in the future.

Thanks all

Do you also have the setup software? You'll need that to change the settings for the braking, so before even opening up the controller, you can check it: If the setup program doesn't give you options for the feature you want, it's probably the firmware of the controller isn't programmed for those options, and you'd need to check with the manufacturer to see if they have firmware for your version that supports it.

Do you also have the setup software? You'll need that to change the settings for the braking, so before even opening up the controller, you can check it: If the setup program doesn't give you options for the feature you want, it's probably the firmware of the controller isn't programmed for those options, and you'd need to check with the manufacturer to see if they have firmware for your version that supports it.
Hello,
The software has the option but won’t let me change it to that option, it just changes it back. Hopefully they will have the firmware. It’s also now decided to switch motor directions on it’s own and the e brake adds throttle. Hope I haven’t just wasted a ton of money

If the software won't let you change the settings, it usually means the controller firmware doesn't have the option in it to respond to them.

If it switched motor directions, that's usually in response to a setting in the software. I don't know which page its' on for your version, but there should be one for this.

Not sure what you mean by "ebrake adds throttle"; you'd need to explain that before I could suggest a solution. There's usually a whole page of options for how the throttle response works, ebraking may be on that page or a separate one.

Also...some controllers have Bluetooth and can connect to an app on a phone, but the app may be different than the PC version and one or the other may then have settings that are unavailable or unalterable when the other version can access / change those. Doesn't make sense to do that, but some do this.

If the software won't let you change the settings, it usually means the controller firmware doesn't have the option in it to respond to them.

If it switched motor directions, that's usually in response to a setting in the software. I don't know which page its' on for your version, but there should be one for this.

Not sure what you mean by "ebrake adds throttle"; you'd need to explain that before I could suggest a solution. There's usually a whole page of options for how the throttle response works, ebraking may be on that page or a separate one.

Also...some controllers have Bluetooth and can connect to an app on a phone, but the app may be different than the PC version and one or the other may then have settings that are unavailable or unalterable when the other version can access / change those. Doesn't make sense to do that, but some do this.
The controller literally decided to reverse on it’s own. I had just left it sitting and next I used it it was backwards. The brake switch will make the bike go faster.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that the controller has gotten itself into a nonsensical configuration. I will have to look if it is possible to factory reset it, the option in the software I tried didn’t seem to help.

Most of the few times I've seen a controller reverse on it's own there were problems with the sensor wires, or it had the reverse wire (for those that have them) connected and it got disconnected or had a bad crimp, etc, but sometimes it has been corrupted settings out of nowhere.

The times I've seen a brake switch by itself affect speed, without a setting having changed that could affect that, have been a wiring issue--but if it worked fine before that with no changes, it would have to be corrupt settings or firmware.

I'd recommend checking with QSMotors / SIAEcosys to see if they have firmware you can update it with, and/or a new version of the setup software (and/or a "reset parameters" file).

If they don't, you could manually set each option in the setup program to what you need them to be, and apply them to the controller, so they are re-written to it and overwrite any corrupt settings it may have.

Note that if the setup program you have isn't for the specific firmware version that's on the controller, it could be writing settings to locations or variables that don't correspond to what the controller firmware expects (or even overwrite code rather than variables/settings, if it is designed to just write to specific memory locations rather than to variables or settings fields). In that event, you could get what appears to be random behavior changes in the controller. These *should* happen right after saving the settings and power cycling the controller...but though I don't know of a specific instance of it, depending on how the firmware/etc all interacts, it could happen later.

I had this problem too, sold the controller for profit and got one with regen lever input 😉 best solution in my opinion, I doubt you will be able to get another firmware to let you change in the app, but if you do, send it to me and I'll tell you where to connect the signal wire for brake lever in exchange 🤣 (I don't remember, will have to teardown my friends controller, he's using brake button, but I added the cable for lever, just to find it won't let me set in app.)

I had this problem too, sold the controller for profit and got one with regen lever input 😉 best solution in my opinion, I doubt you will be able to get another firmware to let you change in the app, but if you do, send it to me and I'll tell you where to connect the signal wire for brake lever in exchange 🤣 (I don't remember, will have to teardown my friends controller, he's using brake button, but I added the cable for lever, just to find it won't let me set in app.)
It will not let you set it in the phone app regardless. You need the PC application to change that. Let me know if that works out for you or not. 🙂 By any chance could you tell me where you got that one? There are so many sellers… and anyhow I need a new one anyway now since I fried it with the regen when my battery disconnected.

Last edited:
Back