Santa..Help! Sabvoton controller/Throttle not working :(

that's bizarre,
Have you tried resetting the sabby to its defaults?

also are you completely powering off the sabby - as in unplug the usb cable and turn the power off in order for it to reboot?

what does the motor temp read in the sabby software?

Yes. I have tried powering it off each time before changing different wiring arrangements. Yes, I reset the Sabvoton software program in startup every time. And yes I disconnect the usb cable each time on shutdown/startup. I disconnect all power from battery to Sabby as well.

Excellent......just checking :)

I know it's frustrating but we will get there...... I just need to get around how the sabby thinks the motor is too hot.

What temp does the CA show?

I don't know where to look to find Motor Temperature since their is no known thermocouple to it. However the software states in the parameter sets that the UNWORK TEMP is 100.0
The REWORK TEMP is 90.0
The LIMITED CURRENT TEMP is 80.0

The software says the controller Temp is "8.0" This project has been an outdoors project and cannot be taken indoors atm.

The outdoor environment is about 35 degrees F today.

I am open to any wild ideas you may have...I have certainly ran out of mine today. I appreciate your input Jonno.
Perhaps I should give it ' a rest ' for the day...? :shock:

It might be a few days before I will get back to my bike Jonno, but I will continue to communicate ideas here and check the forums as well, thanks Buddy :)

Ah ha .........read page 64 of the CA3 manual......I've got my yellow cable in the CA connected to the spd pad as I have a front wheel sensor fitted...... When I got mine the yellow wasn't connected to anything. Worth a look :)

disregard the last post
There's your answer .......go into your sabby software and turn up the temp limits to above 100 . Your ca will control the temp .
Speak soon

Good thinking.. That may be a worthwhile try (especially if the temp threshold has become a limiting factor)
Ok Jonno, I may give it a go sometime again tomorrow when I get off of work or sometime mid afternoon or late evening, I shall keep you posted. Thank you :)

I will be attempting to do more on my electric bike today. Yesterday, I tried selecting a different operating temperature threshold, but it didn't seem to change. It still sees the motor over temp fault.

So, now I have been able to bypass all faults.. And pass the HALL TEST to boot.. I used a jumper wire to ground the Cycle Analyst TEMP wire ( yellow ) to a variable potentiometer that goes to the negative mains power at the controller junction.
So far..so good, now I need to find why my throttle STILL WONT ACTIVATE. But as it stands I am in a better position now, having no problems EXCEPT for my throttle issue.
Should I change my throttle options or keep it on PASS THRU mode?

I will try and take some pictures of what I did and how everything "connects" :)

Here's an interesting one.

Have you done a firmware upgrade on your CA V3

Today I upgraded the firmware on my cycle analyst from 3.0 to 3.01 and after the upgrade had I had no faults showing except the throttle had stopped working = shows as working on the screen etc but giving no output to the controller.

If you've done this you need to flash it again but make sure that the program and the CA are turned off before you disconnect the firmware lead- otherwise you get the above problem.

Just a thought.

Jonno

Ok it's not the firmware.. I made sur I have the latest version. And disconnected it properly before shutting off.
I think I may need a 3 speed switch to control the cycle analyst..? I wish I knew more about this :-/

Ok
Let's go back a couple of steps.

Disconnect the cycle analyst and connect the throttle directly to the Sabby - that way you will know if it's the CA or the controller causing the problem.

Jonno

Right now in Oregon..time here is 10pm. I plan to work problem solving on my bike in the next 10-12 hrs. I will do as you say Jonno :) ...right now I need some sleep. Zzzzzzz's

Really good news... I got the bike wheel and throttle turning last night! She's working!!! (My birthday is in 3 days, btw)...this is gonna be the best ' birthday surprise ' EVER ;) Hell yea!!! Thank you Jonno, I ended up bypassing the CA altogether.

Happy Birthday Old man :lol:

Wind the firmware on the CA back to version 3.0 and plug it in. Keep the throttle as is for the time being .... and let me know how you yet on.

Gonna put a cromotor in mine :twisted:

Jonno

Back