Santa..Help! Sabvoton controller/Throttle not working :(

Hello guys.

I am also having a similar issue to Kitfox5.
Except when I connect all of the hall wires (color matched), I run the Hall Test and it will either fail or freeze the program.
I have even grounded the motor temp wire (white controller hall wire).
I have tried grounding the yellow hall wire (directly from the controller).
And I have tried grounding the green hall wire.
And also tried grounding the blue hall wire.

These are some of the mixing patterns that I have tried with the hall wires;
Blue>Yellow
Yellow>Green
Green>Blue

Mixing matching the hall wires will either freeze the Sabvoton program, or fail the Hall test as soon as it starts.

The only successful process I have is resetting to factory defaults.

Please gentlemen. If have any suggestions, inform me on what I should I try next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUgt5KRqB6Y From the link I just provided, are the instructions I followed in the comments.
But when I start the Hall test, the wheel will, and can spin slowly forever. It doesnt seem to want to complete the test.
Also because I am using a 21x2.15 wheel, I have increased the "Test Given Current" to 20.
Still the test will not complete.

I'm having the same problems,

First problem was the motor over temperature, which was sorted by shorting ( I also used a resistor in series just in case). the white wire to ground on the hall plug .

IMG_3747.JPG

But now I'm getting another problem the throttle won't work , I seem to have two possibilities to connect the throttle

The sabvoton has two connections, one says handlebar the other just says 0-5v

I've tried both but no response from the controller, I ran the auto hall map successfully but it won't work

Any ideas what I could try next ? Thanks guys

This is one possible connection for the throttle, I think this controller has two throttle connections , one for the variable regen other for the normal throttle. Edit * this is the 2nd throttle output for variable regen

Attachments

• IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,401
This is the other

IMG_3746.JPG

This is the throttle

Ok so panic over :D

Finally got it working! It turns out my throttle was broke , there was no voltage change on the signal wire .

Plugged in an old dusty throttle and twisted it and immediately the rear wheel thundered into life ! :twisted:

Charging up the lipo's ready for the maiden ride in the morning can't wait whoop whoop !

Oh the plug labelled 'handlebar' is the throttle on this sabby,

Back