Simple 12v dc motor control

maxfli

1 µW
Just wondering if someone could send me a link or a diagram for a simple brushed 12v motor speed control. I have a 12v minn kota endura motor (30 pound thrust) that I would like to build a speed controller for..The motor controller needs to be 12v at say 40amps. I either want to be able to control it a pot by handle while operating the motor or may like to use a ebike throttle tube. Not looking for any bells or whistles just a simple bare bone control that will work. Currently the motor has a resistor bank speed control with 5 speeds. Looking to save some battery life with a PWM control .

Thanks for any help offered.

Lots of schematics out on the web for that. Google PWM Brushed DC Motor Controller Schematic and you'll see a few. There are also some at places like 4QD that have educational sections about how motor controllers work.

Many manufacturers of motor control chips and MOSFETs also have application notes that include motor controllers that may do what you want.

But you'll probably have to adapt the schematic to your use, as most of those controller schematics tend to be for low power, and the higher you go in power levels, the more important the power stage design is, including circuit board layout.

Back