Single wire high amperage connectors for stator wires?

nerdalert

10 W
The stock motorcycle bullet connectors going to the motor are insufficient and get too hot. I am building a prototype that has an electronics box that has 1/2" diameter cord grips. A few searches led me nowhere regarding single wire quick connectors for higher amperage. You guys have any ideas? a 3 wire connector wont slip through the 1/2" diameter cord grip. battery connectors would work but I want to be able to quickly change phasing in case of a controller replacement.

Sounds like a cable gland or grommet.

I agree bigger/better bullet connector could be the answer.
I have 8mm bullet connectors on my Castle ESCs.

Gregory said:
Sounds like a cable gland or grommet.
Ding ding ding!
Cable gland sounds like one of those industry terms only known by the electrical supplier. But yes. Which size bullet connectors best fit 10g wire? Those seem best. I did a little more research and determined that 10g fits best the 6mm you mentioned. I wasn't aware those connectors came with insulators :) Stupid question, now that I think about it. Thanks anyway.

If RC hobby bullets in larger size come without an insulator, just add several layers of heat shrink later, after you thread through the grommets.

Right, a layer of heatshrink over a naked female connector, and another layer over the whole connection if you want to double bag it.

Back