Small capacity (4-5AH) high quality batteries

Yes, that might have been a bit much for 4 ah. I assumed the desire for a high quality 4-5 ah was for a low wattage use. 12-15 amps.

dogman dan said:
Yes, that might have been a bit much for 4 ah. I assumed the desire for a high quality 4-5 ah was for a low wattage use. 12-15 amps.
I definitely abused the battery at twenty amps for testing purposes. But it lasted about three hundred cycles which is probably what it was designed for. Three hundred cycles for a 180 bucks isn't bad. Solid little battery.

They are pretty solid. Now to get them to sell em for more like $100. :mrgreen:

They are $108 using their 10% sale. That's pretty close to $100. They seem to be taking a few days to ship them however (not unexpected with experimental stuff).

Thanks to the link to the other thread cycborg. I searched by part name and looked at recent threads on this forum about batteries and missed that one. It was cool to the see the video showing thermal runaway.

Nice, I thought prices were much higher for those, in 4 ah.

40v 4 ah on Amazon right now. $117, but msrp is $219. :shock: Definitely not worth $219. But $120 or so, not so bad.

Alex W said:
Who else supplies low capacity high voltage lightweight packs?
Contact Kinaye to see if they are building custom packs. They are right in Seatle so you could possibly save shipping by picking up the pack in person.
http://www.kinayems.com/

Watch out shopping those 58V Echo packs. There seems to be 2Ah versions out there so be aware and double check description.

I got the batteries. They aren't the ones shown in the video, those are still in development according to Justin. They are still pretty nice compact batteries though, so I did a quick ad-hoc mounting and have them on my bike:
23744725556_540f738717_z.jpg

Weight for one was 495 grams, the other was just over 500 grams. There is a simple BMS mounted alongside the cells. The cells are Samsung 25R.

They'll work well for my needs. I look forward to the epoxy-potted versions though, since I'll be able to mount those directly to the porteur rack on my bike.

Alex - how was shipping costs, if any? I realize you're practically next door but I've been wanting to suggest these to a few folks and would hate to have them find out shipping's a major surprise?

They give you shipping estimates on their website. I think my shipping was around $15. They arrived overnight (since I'm next door).

Back