Stealth Bomber goes Adaptto at 12kW

Yes it is indeed quieter! Glad you have it working.
Keep your smelly Cherokee as a reserve :) Mine smells too, even after I cleaned the board and drained it in alcohol.

Disregard the PM, I figured it better to ask here. What is the max DC constant Amp rating for the Emax?

At 16S you could probably take 200Amps from it. But you need to load the unlocked firmware to make it happen.
at 20s 150Amps is not a problem. (it's locked to 150A from factory)

Allex said:
At 16S you could probably take 200Amps from it. But you need to load the unlocked firmware to make it happen.

Man that's plenty. Thanks for the response.

HI ALEX AND WHAT IS THE FINAL COST OF THE BUILD PLUS BOMBER FOR SUCH AN EXTREME MACHINE?

Allex said:
Never thought about that actually
But when I think about it, around 4000usd spent on upgrades :shock:

Thats not surpising, I have that much just in spare hub motors, rims and tires that I tried.

Rix said:
Allex said:

Man that's plenty. Thanks for the response.

with big and short battery wires + some additional ultra low esr caps very close to the controller there could be a good chance to push it even harder or more close to max voltage rating^^
for sure a heat sink (preferably on FET side) will be necessary at these power levels.

I think they should give you job at stealth and build this bike for them and call it the Tornado :D

Allex said:
Yeah I would not mind move down to Australia to get some more saddle time with their climate!

+1, If the opportunity arrived, I would relocate down under.

I really like how you mounted the controller, it looks perfect! Too bad the Mac my family is getting rid of has one of the very old plastic cases instead.

Do you have any close up pictures of the left side swing arm pivot when you had it taken apart? I'm currently designing a mid drive bike with a similar swing arm to a stealth bomber.

why do bombers and fighters come with cheap nasty from forks as standard when they charge a premium for there bikes?

I don't want to go too far off topic, but the swing arm will pivot around the axle of the motor similar to how the stealth bomber's chain works. This way no chain/belt tensioner is needed.

stevebills said:
why do bombers and fighters come with cheap nasty from forks as standard when they charge a premium for there bikes?

On the Stealth Thread, I have been bragging about the 2014 RST. The one that came on my Fighter is better than my revalved Marzocchi 888 and way way better than the RST that came on my Bomber. Based on my expererience, there are some inconsistancies with RSTs coming off the line from TW. The only reason I would change out the fork on my Fighter is for more travel, but the valving and ride is sweet.

Standard forks are the same as for Bomber RST r-one super.
I never liked the phasor design and wanted to try out the vBoxx.
When I bought the Bomber I never thought about upgrading it. But after a year of use I did it anyway.

stevebills said:
so what forks are standard on the fighter?
Any reason u didn't use a phasor frame instead?

Years ago when I ordered my Bomber, there wasn't a custom frame DIY option on the market yet. While my Bomber was being built, David Pearce came out with the Phasor frame for the DIY crowd. Long story short, I like the Phasor, I also like the Qulbix Raptor, but I am a Stealth Man, and am partial to Stealth Electric bikes. So is my dad, he said he wouldn't give up the bomber for anything. I am in the process of fabricating a home made frame, similar to Drunk Skunks build. I have already failed once. But if I am not successful at it, I will look at one of the DIY options. Just came across this and Doc Bass has one, NYX Bikes https://nyxbikes.com/ build an awesome CF frame for ebikes. Could also be an option. But still you never know what Stealth will do. Either way, I want to see if I can build a ebike myself as I think that is the ultimate demonstration of being an ebike enthusiast.

hey man

i was thinking for your hub motor do something like this

Attachments

• hubhole.jpg
    hubhole.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,881
Samer, Looks like it does not work that good.
We were discussing this here:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142&start=600#p973534
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142&start=600#p973720

Finally got my spare charger.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62545
It is a 1800 Watt Eaton APR48-3G. Very popular due its size/weight/power ratio.
The Weight is 1.5Kg compared to the 1,9Kg of the stock 500W charger and the form factor is much nicer too if you want to have it in a backpack.
Here is a comparison, from left: Stock 500W Charger, 1800W Eaton and 1500W Cherokee CAR1248FP:
DSC04710.JPG
DSC04711.JPG
DSC04703.JPG

Speaking of charging, With the stock charger at 6Amps I need 3 hours to fill stock 18Ah Pack.
With Eaton spitting out 21Amps the stock pack can theoretically be filled in just 51minutes.
I am charging with my 30A coil connected to Adaptto controller.
View attachment 3
This is how much it drains from the wall at 21A charing power:
DSC04699.JPG

Here is size comparison, Adaptto Max-e in the middle:
DSC04713.JPG

How to connect:

Back