Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

+1 to see a strengthened Beta swingarm with 150 drop outs. Surely this could just be an option once the guys get a chance to design and build it.

At Shanghai airport right now coming home from the Shanghai bike/ebike show with a Mxus v3 - tempted to open the box to see axle width.Reading up it seems a M16 will be problematic with the current Beta swingarm, especially it I want to run plenty of amps into it.

Can say there was nothing at the show that came close to the Beta looks or style in the low-mid or high powered eBike classes.

Rix said:
get the Beta and get your build going. If and when the new frame comes out, you can either sell the Beta and recoup some of your money, or strip it down, build the new bike, and then sell the frame for 50 cents on the dollar, and it will sell.
Good point, the cost of the frame is what, 25% of the entire build cost ? I always find it funny when people complain about these costing more than the ugly, heavy Chinese frames, but by the time you buy good suspension and brakes and drivetrain etc you're talking a few hundred bucks out of 5k+
Same deal when people try to shave weight with expensive carbon components, then turn around about bolt a 12kg rear wheel on it. LOL
Don't get me wrong, I like carbon, but it's just for looks!

gone_walkabouts said:
+1 to see a strengthened Beta swingarm with 150 drop outs. Surely this could just be an option once the guys get a chance to design and build it.
Would you guys all pay extra for a re-designed swing arm ? I imagine that is going to be the only way it'd happen any time soonish. But alot of people seem to be complaining about the price already...
Maybe I should do a kickstarter campaign for the V2 Beta frame - it worked for the P7 recently! :)

At Shanghai airport right now coming home from the Shanghai bike/ebike show with a Mxus v3 - tempted to open the box to see axle width.Reading up it seems a M16 will be problematic with the current Beta swingarm, especially it I want to run plenty of amps into it.
You could possibly have the end turned down, though that said SamD has some V3s with a 14mm axle that would have gone straight in. As I said above though this really is pushing the limit of what these frames are capable of. Big power, big motor and big wheels is alpha territory. If you want to run big power in the beta you'll be fitting a maximum of 18ah in there and if you're running 100A + that battery isn't going to last very long. And those big motors ain't exactly light either. I'm going to be running a 90A controller in my new beta build with the latest alloy stator H40 and even that is a little heavier than I'd like.

Can say there was nothing at the show that came close to the Beta looks or style in the low-mid or high powered eBike classes.
Good to hear, I guess they haven't had time to rip off the design yet!

Hyena said:
I'd be a bit annoyed if someone did that on my bike, but that said I leaned it on a tree today to take a photo, and it fell over and put a massive dent in the carbon insert side. Doh!

Yeah I wasnt too thrilled, but I probably shouldn't have whipped out the camera phone near the jumps area. That's just asking for trouble! And lets face it when there's a camera around we tend to do more stupid shite'!

Anyway, lesson learned, new rules - no jumps or monos for first timers!

Lash said:
Anyway, lesson learned, new rules - no jumps or monos for first timers!
For sure! I only let experienced ebike riders give my high powered bikes a test. Even experienced motorcycle riders will be caught out by the instant torque and I've had a few end up hurling my bikes through the air. Including my own brother inlaw, experienced dirt bike rider yet promptly ended up flat on his back, tearing the seat and bending the bars :roll:

And a twist throttle only makes it worse. How many times have you seen someone try to hang on only the twist the throttle even more :lol: Unfortunately most of us have done this at least once themselves :oops:

With my left-hand mounted and inverted thumb throttle, you need to push it forward to accelerate. Much less likely to have the bike get away from you and much safer for inexperienced riders.

With my left-hand mounted and inverted thumb throttle, you need to push it forward to accelerate. Much less likely to have the bike get away from you and much safer for inexperienced riders.

Hands down that would be the safest set up for a beginner.

I always find it funny when people complain about these costing more than the ugly, heavy Chinese frames, but by the time you buy good suspension and brakes and drivetrain etc you're talking a few hundred bucks out of 5k+
Same deal when people try to shave weight with expensive carbon components, then turn around about bolt a 12kg rear wheel on it. LOL
Don't get me wrong, I like carbon, but it's just for looks!

Yah, this is the truth. Look at the Turbo Levo line, the big difference between the entry level Levo FSR and the S-Works is a 43wh larger battery and components. The FSR can be had for around the $4500 and the S-Works for $9500, but hey, the S-Works weighs almost 3 pounds less. :|

hehe

1rrFs5q.jpg

I fear the signs may be about to become more specific noting ACT Policing is part of the Australian Federal Police.

http://www.policenews.act.gov.au/news/media-releases/police-investigate-serious-cyclist-collision-fadden

Nice work Ioannis. My only criticism would be the V brake back rim doesn't match, but I'm OCD like that :p
Have you weighed it ? I'd be interesting to see what it comes out at.

PS: FUTR beta :wink:

Here's a cool action shot of my alpha

View attachment 1

And for the Non-Aussies to muse at

kanga.jpg

Hyena said:
Nice work Ioannis. My only criticism would be the V brake back rim doesn't match, but I'm OCD like that :p
Have you weighed it ? I'd be interesting to see what it comes out at.

PS: FUTR beta :wink:

Thanks Hyena,
You are right about the rim I am thinking to upgrade my motor anyway so I will try to find a black rim to match with the front one.
The weight is approximately 36 kilos at the moment with HS3540 motor.

Very cool pics by the way !!
you have nice animals in Australia, can they attack you while you ride ?
I hope I will visit it someday.

36kg is good with that big battery!

People have been occasionally taken out by kangaroos, usually from plowing into them at high speed!
They can get a bit feisty though

[youtube]rRddLDynsCs[/youtube]

It's the drop bear koalas you've really gotta watch though.

Kangaroos are vicious creatures, they are the devils apostles :lol:

[youtube]FIRT7lf8byw[/youtube]

Hello,

I have good news!

If you remember I wrote two months ago to say that I have big problem with my USD-6 suspension.
It was loosing air pressure very quickly and I had to pump air every day!

So I sent an email to DNM to say my problem and today I received the new improved USD-6 suspension without to pay just a single euro!
(not even for the customs) also they shipped by DHL, it came to Cyprus in about two days!

This is was very nice of them. The older model as I've learned has some issues (maybe not all of them). I will keep you informed
about the performance when I install the fork on the bike.

PIC16.jpg

icherouveim said:
Hello,

I have good news!

If you remember I wrote two months ago to say that I have big problem with my USD-6 suspension.

So I sent an email to DNM to say my problem and today I received the new improved USD-6 suspension without to pay just a single euro!
(not even for the customs) also they shipped by DHL, it came to Cyprus in about two days!

This is was very nice of them. The older model as I've learned has some issues (maybe not all of them). I will keep you informed

You are not the first person that has had good support from DNM, it would appear that they want our business with the kind of customer support they are providing. Thanks for the update. BTW, got any good pics of your Beta yet?

Rix said:
icherouveim said:
Hello,

I have good news!

View attachment 3

You are not the first person that has had good support from DNM, it would appear that they want our business with the kind of customer support they are providing. Thanks for the update. BTW, got any good pics of your Beta yet?

Very nice of them then!

OK I send you three pics from an ancient place with sea view.

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

PIC3.jpg

macribs said:

[e]

The first rule of Kangaroo fight club is...everyone talks about roo fight club. That was funny dude hitting the roo. Didn't look like it hurt the roo.

icherouveim said:
Rix said:
icherouveim said:
Hello,

I have good news!

Very nice of them then!

OK I send you three pics from an ancient place with sea view.
nt]

Great pics, will forward to PEA Facebook page.

Rix said:
macribs said:

[e]

The first rule of Kangaroo fight club is...everyone talks about roo fight club. That was funny dude hitting the roo. Didn't look like it hurt the roo.

The roo got stung.

Two things I don't like. Roo's and facebook. They are both from the devil. :)

Adaptto Question. Been doing some experimenting with Phase to DC amps ratio settings. What I noticed on my butt dyno is anything above 3:1 doesn't yield any significant performance. For example, when I run 90 DC amps to 270 Phase Amps, I hit 37MPH between the measured points on my block. Increasing the phase amps to 315 and leaving the DC amps at 90 gives me 38MPH. This is about 3.5:1. Going to 360 phase amps doesn't yield any more speed, still 38MPH which is a 4:1 Phase amps to DC amps ratio. When I did these runs, my motor temp was between 150-155F, and I topped off my battery after each run. I made sure to try and simulate the exact same temps and conditions when testing my speed runs. Now when I crank up the DC amps to 105 and leave the phase amps at 315, I hit 39 MPH. So I concluded that it doesn't matter what phase amps DC amps ratio I am running, If I go north of 3:1 Phase-DC ratio, performance is the same. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Cross posted on Allex's Adaptto/FUTR thread.

New Grey FUTR frame for sale

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88564&p=1291825#p1291825

Rix said:
Adaptto Question. Been doing some experimenting with Phase to DC amps ratio settings. What I noticed on my butt dyno is anything above 3:1 doesn't yield any significant performance. For example, when I run 90 DC amps to 270 Phase Amps, I hit 37MPH between the measured points on my block. Increasing the phase amps to 315 and leaving the DC amps at 90 gives me 38MPH. This is about 3.5:1. Going to 360 phase amps doesn't yield any more speed, still 38MPH which is a 4:1 Phase amps to DC amps ratio. When I did these runs, my motor temp was between 150-155F, and I topped off my battery after each run. I made sure to try and simulate the exact same temps and conditions when testing my speed runs. Now when I crank up the DC amps to 105 and leave the phase amps at 315, I hit 39 MPH. So I concluded that it doesn't matter what phase amps DC amps ratio I am running, If I go north of 3:1 Phase-DC ratio, performance is the same. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Cross posted on Allex's Adaptto/FUTR thread.

Well, high phase amp is good when you want to have a quick start, once you come to a certain speed the raw DC power will take over. Normally you only feel the diff, at very low speeds, 0-30km/h. Top speed - you have DC amps for that(and the voltage).

Allex said:
Rix said:

Well, high phase amp is good when you want to have a quick start, once you come to a certain speed the raw DC power will take over. Normally you only feel the diff, at very low speeds, 0-30km/h. Top speed - you have DC amps for that(and the voltage).

That makes since why I am only seeing 1MPH gain on the butt dyno.

Back