Stuttering Infineon Controller....

blitzwagen

100 mW
Hello Chaps,

I have a stuttering issue with a 6 FET Infineon EB306 controller, I'm wondering if somebody might have any insight into the cause. The symptoms are severe stuttering under load, but perfect operation under no load.
I've tested the motor (Astro 3220) and halls with a spare controller and it all works well. The controller had been working well for several months before the failure so the setup (LVC, current limit, hall combo etc. ) are fine.

I've replaced the FETS (4110) and the 7805 as a precaution but the behaviour persists. All connections are fine, I've also gone over the board with an iron looking for dry joints. It's a strange problem I know, hoping that somebody might point me in the correct direction...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Doesn't cover your particular combo, but this Blog deals with the vulgarities of mating 6-FETS w\ outriders.
He has several pages if you search abit.

http://www.etotheipiplusone.net/?p=2387

Very interesting, thanks for the link. The auto hall sensor learning feature is not something I completely understood until now.
The controller I have is the same board that the Lyen/EM3EV and e-crazyman sellers use as a basis for their controllers. I'm not sure what it's colloquially referred to these days.

If it's a high-rpm motor, maybe the problem has to do with "eRPM", meaning that sometimes controllers made for low-rpm motors (like most ebike controllers) can't keep up with the needs of faster motor.

Sometimes it is the low inductance of motors like RC-type motors, and that's a problem you'd have to read up on in the various threads about it (look up Colossus for a good start), cuz I know very little about that issue.

Back