SUCCESS!!! We Have Lift Off! Thanks to ALL!

geeeyejo1

1 kW
I just wanted to thank all of my fellow forum members for your insight and valuable tips in the build of my first Ebike. I just tested my 48V1000W Yescom kit after two months of waiting for my battery.
I connected the battery to the controller and thanks to forum Pre-charge resistor tips didn't even have a spark! When I connected the main positive connection and hit the throttle - WHOOSH! That back wheel started spinning in near silent electric power! The Wattmeter mounted on my headset (with power routing through it) appears to be working fine as well! I just did a VERY brief test as I want to balance charge my LIFEPO4 over night, but looks like I may be taking my first AM commute tomorrow! Thanks again to all for your patience, experience and willingness to bring another into the fold. I have the Ebike Grin already and have not even rode her yet!
Heath

Had to take a quick ride around the block - everything working flawlessly! Wattmeter is reading watts, AH & voltage. As someone suggested my wireless speedo was affected by interference after I hit about 25mph. I figure I hit about 27mph on a slight downhill without a full charge (about 53V) Glad I took advice from all and put pack in triangle - great fit with this bag and with two wide velcro straps pack isn't going anywhere!
Pic after her maiden voyage. Note: rear pack just has controller and excess wiring - I put roll of bubble wrap in there to fill out the bag so it looks better. Will relocate controller to exterior location soon - temperatures have been in teens to 20's so overheating should not be an issue - will ikely loose the large pack at that time although nice to have some hauling capability as I always use a large army surplus (ALICE) back pack when I commute that I can likely stop using now!

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 354
Yay.

I like to just mount controllers on the rear rack, right under my ass as much as possible. Gets wind, but in a sprinkle, no rain. I see a fender, so the rack should stay dry when you ride through a puddle.

dogman said:
Yay.

I like to just mount controllers on the rear rack, right under my ass as much as possible. Gets wind, but in a sprinkle, no rain. I see a fender, so the rack should stay dry when you ride through a puddle.
Exactly what I was thinking. Might look to mount the controller under the rack, then keep the bag for the loose wires and storage while riding...

Back