Testing a non-running scooter (new project!)

Monstarr said:
There is a Dutch company which sells this Chinese retro scootertype as one of their 'own' models.
They modify certain things like connectors, apparel etc to give a small upgrade to the basic of these scooters.

Here is the link to a workshop manual
http://www.qwic.nl/uploads/2011/06/wph-qwic-emoto-87-web.pdf
It's in Dutch but there are a lot of pictures and technical overview.

I own a 25 km/hr Novox C20 (similar as yours and emoto 87) and a 45 km/hr Govecs S1.2

Nice, thanks! That does indeed look identical!
If only I could read Dutch, but it's still way more info than i had before. :D

Eeets alive!
Got home late, and can't get it out of the garage as my neighbor parked a little tight against the door... but hey.

The chinese ebay LiFePo4 battery came today, measured at 53.3v out of the box.
The included charger was smashed, shattered plastic casing everywhere. Electronics look intact, will try to fire it up tomorrow night.
The battery pack itself though was well packaged with 2" of foam on... most sides.

It's wrapped in a tire inner tube, which is interesting. Not terribly compressive, but it does feel fairly solid, like they used some kind of thick paper board on all sides.
Might be wrapped tight underneath there, not going to open it up to find out.

The scooter fired up, all the lights are intact, turn-signals work, brake lights, etc. Wheel goes vroom.
I need to get it registered as a moped in Massachusetts, so I'll try to get to the RMV tomorrow and get a sticker. (Currently has a 2011 moped sticker on it.)

Already tempted to grab a better controller. :D

The ebay seller is shipping me a new charger, but from China, so hopefully that one will arrive intact.

Took the scooter out last night for the first time, it'll do 30mph fairly easily and has no issues with hills.

The gauge style voltimeter on the dash dips pretty far on full throttle, like from full gauge to near the orange (which starts around 1/3 full).
Is that tied to the quality of the battery pack? The BMS? The controller?

I'm going to try to hook a digital voltimeter directly to the battery to see if I can more useful info, but an unrelated project needs my attention for the next week so it may be a bit.

Resurrecting this thread a bit...
Been 4 years, but I got a second ebay battery pack and just finally got it registered today.
This thing is fairly zippy, stops well, and will generally make a nice little run-about for errands around town.

I definitely think the controller is holding it back, gonna do some research and see what the good budget options are these days so I can get a little more zip off the line at stops.

Kloc, glad you revived the thread; still thinking, working on scooter. Huge TY. Helping friend with BL-Metro's - 48V, 1,500W, 36AH orig batteries (toast) - who bought THREE of these things from a scrapper for some ungodly reason. Looking for at least one reasonably priced battery. Link(s) appreciated for your eBay or other source. BTW, if you haven't already found it, the Novox C20 looks like the same/similar scooter (pic here too). You're way ahead of me with info, experience, so, again, thanks. Novox C20 Scooter manual: https://manuall.co.uk/novox-c20-scooter/

Attachments

• BL-Metro.jpg
    BL-Metro.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Novox C20 Scooter.jpg
    Novox C20 Scooter.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 548
  • BatteryCaseTop.jpg
    BatteryCaseTop.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 548
Back