Thanks Endless Sphere for inspiring my interest in EV

Originally inspiried by teklektik 2WD Electric Yuba Mundo Build thread and articles from spinningmagnets. This was my reference plus the attached picture of an old dude being hauled around on his wheeled rocking horse.

17sv4gvt9y281.jpg

Today I reached a new milestone when I was able to haul 150 lbs of material from Home Depot (at speeds approaching 20 mph). For the first time I'm comfortable enough to sell my 25 yo vehicle and just use the e-bike and rent whenever a more suitable vehicle is required. For groceries I still use a hand cart but the e-bike extends my ability to function within a small city with a bit of cargo hauling ability.

2022.07.26.-.Bathroom.Renovations.-.Haul.150.LBS.Floor.Leveler.From.Home.Depot.-.IMG_0786.JPG

The picture is a VoltBike Kodiac with a 500W Bafang rear hub and the wagon is a Gorilla 800lbs utility cart. All stock. I've done absolutely nothing. Not certain I need a second motor like the Yuba Mundo Build describes. The 500W Bafang seems to do just fine with the terrain in my area. Anything too powerful might just pull the contraption to pieces.

It's enough of a novelty that most people who see this want to know more.

Thanks Endless Sphere for the inspiration.

If you ever need a better-riding trailer, and are willing to do some fairly serious DIY to that one (or build one from scratch), I can help you with changing to much larger diameter wheels (that would mount so they are outboard the deck area, not under it, so the deck stays the same height or even lower (less tippy, bouncy, etc). Larger diameter wheels ride better over unsmooth paths, etc.

One example:
DSC07562.JPG

Glad we can inspire, that looks like a fun project :mrgreen:

99t4 said:
Can you post a photo showing the trailer hitch?

Ya, I guess that's what it does. Thanks for giving it a name :)

TrailerHitch.jpg

amberwolf said:
If you ever need a better-riding trailer ...

Appreciate the offer. Hauling a piano with an e-bike makes me :lol: ... it's so unexpected but brilliant. My current DIY project is to update my very old tiny house. Re-doing my only bathroom at the moment. Needed to haul a few bags of leveling cement and renting a truck for this simple task seemed like a lot of hassle.

When I need more and better I'll keep you in mind.

Attachments

• Bathroom.jpg.png
    Bathroom.jpg.png
    2 MB · Views: 261
Back