THE DM01 MOTOR: ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE FOR E-BIKES

to7motor

1 mW
No. 36 Tianedang Road, Wuzhong District, Suzhou
Introducing the DM01 Mid-Drive Motor—the quintessence of e-bike ingenuity and performance. Boasting a formidable rated power of 750W – 1000W, this motor delivers a thrilling fusion of velocity and power, transforming each journey into an adrenaline-fueled adventure. A hefty torque of 160Nm launches you ahead with conviction, effortlessly surmounting inclines and accelerating with notable ease.

With an IP65 waterproof rating, the DM01 excels under any conditions, whether it’s amidst drenching rains or on sun-baked trails. Its compatibility with 48, 52, and 60-volt battery configurations allows for a smooth integration with diverse e-bike models, offering you the liberty to select the power system that aligns with your cycling preferences.

Designed with performance at its core, the motor hits a top speed of 160RPM, placing you well ahead of the competition. Built to last, it performs flawlessly in a broad temperature spectrum from -20°C to 50°C, guaranteeing dependability from icy dawns to the height of the midday heat.

The central position of the DM01 ensures perfect equilibrium and integration with the bike’s framework, enhancing the sensation of the bike being a natural extension of the rider. Advanced cadence and torque sensors provide a ride that feels instinctive, with power adjustments that are in tune with the intensity and tempo of your pedaling.

Able to accommodate chainrings from 46T to 54T, this motor is tailored to your individual riding demands, whether seeking speed or torque. Its ultra-quiet operation at under 50dB guarantees that your rides remain tranquil, letting you absorb either the tranquility of nature or the city’s ambiance.

At 5.8 to 6 kilograms, the motor’s weight reflects its robust construction while still preserving the nimbleness of the bike. The DM01 is more than just a motor—it’s the pulsating core of your e-bike adventure, propelling you with strength, precision, and intensity.

The DM01 adapts with ease, featuring a BB Axle designed to snugly fit sizes from the standard 68mm and 73mm to the expansive 100mm and 110mm, catering to a broad array of bike styles and certifying its role as the powerhouse of your riding experience.

With a Reduction Gear Ratio of 40.27:1, this motor is crafted for peerless efficiency, channeling your pedaling effort into potent motion while preserving a peaceful ride. The high gear ratio ensures a fluid start and continuous control, whether on challenging ascents or during swift rides.

The DM01’s design is as beautiful as it is functional, offering Shell Color options in Black or Silver for a customized look that can highlight or complement your bike’s appearance. These choices ensure the motor not only functions impressively but also enhances your bike’s look with a stroke of sophistication.

The DM01 is not merely a component—it’s a proclamation. It symbolizes a perfect union of power, versatility, and style—a definitive emblem of To7motor’s commitment to cycling superiority.

Hi, do you have links for more information? specs? where to buy?

In general, it's not advisable to run a motor at a voltage higher than its specified rating. Using a 36V motor with a 48V battery could lead to overloading and overheating, potentially damaging the motor.

It's essential to match the voltage of the motor with the voltage of the battery for optimal performance and safety. In this case, it's recommended to use the 36V motor with a 36V battery to ensure compatibility and prevent potential damage.

Always refer to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines for your specific motor (DM02 in this case) to ensure you're operating within the recommended voltage range. If you have further questions, feel free to provide more details, and I'll do my best to assist you.

Agreed. It's not a good idea to overvolt a motor wound for 36V. What I really want to know is if the DM02 48V controller can be optioned thru its display to run on 36V if the need arises.
The ability to run a 48V controller with a 36V battery often depends on the specific design and features of the controller. In some cases, advanced controllers may have a voltage range that allows them to operate with different voltages within a certain range.

To determine if the DM02 48V controller can be configured to run on 36V, it's crucial to consult the product's manual or documentation provided by the manufacturer. Look for information related to voltage compatibility, programmability through the display, and any specific instructions or limitations mentioned.

If the controller is designed to be versatile and programmable, there might be an option to adjust the voltage settings through its display. However, it's important to follow the manufacturer's guidelines to ensure proper operation and avoid potential damage to the controller or connected components.

If you don't have access to the documentation, reaching out to the manufacturer's customer support or technical support would be a good way to get accurate and specific information regarding the configurability of the DM02 48V controller with a 36V battery.

You can communicate with : Contact Us - To7motor

Probably, since their answer doesn't make any sense for someone actually working for the company that makes the device--why would they tell you reach out to the manufacturer's customer support, when they ARE the manufacturer?

But it does if it's something like ChatGPT.

At least we now know that there's not going to be any real useful information exchange with Toseven / To7motor going on in this thread, since they're not actually here. ;)

Below is the actual output of ChatGPT if you input the quoted statement from docw009:

docw009
Agreed. It's not a good idea to overvolt a motor wound for 36V. What I really want to know is if the DM02 48V controller can be optioned thru its display to run on 36V if the need arises.
ChatGPT
I'm not certain about the specific capabilities of the DM02 48V controller and whether it can be configured to run on 36V through its display. To get accurate information, I recommend checking the product manual or contacting the manufacturer directly. They should be able to provide details on the controller's settings and whether it supports operation at a lower voltage.

Bard was more comprehensively useless
Whether the DM02 48V controller can be set to run on 36V through its display depends on several factors:
Controller Version: There might be different versions of the DM02 controller with varying capabilities. Check the specific model number or any markings on the controller itself to find the exact version you have. Different versions might have different software or options available.
Display Type: Similarly, different display types paired with the DM02 controller might offer different levels of configuration options. Identify the model of your display unit to see if it allows adjusting the voltage setting.
Manufacturer Documentation: Consulting the user manual or technical specifications provided by the DM02 controller manufacturer is the most reliable way to confirm if voltage adjustment is possible. Look for references to "voltage setting", "compatibility", or "supported voltage range" in the documentation.
Online Resources: Searching online forums, product reviews, or DIY communities dedicated to e-bikes or the DM02 controller specifically might give you insights from other users who have experience with the same setup. You might find reports or discussions about adjusting the voltage through the display on these platforms.
Disclaimer: Even if the display offers a voltage setting option, it's not always recommended to undervolt a controller designed for a higher voltage. Running a 48V controller on 36V might lead to:
  • Reduced power output: The motor might not reach its full potential performance due to the lower voltage supply.
  • Overheating: Undervolting can overload the controller's internal components, increasing the risk of overheating and damage.
  • Shortened lifespan: Running outside the intended voltage range can put additional stress on the controller and motor, potentially leading to a shorter lifespan.
Therefore, it's crucial to weigh the potential risks and benefits before attempting to switch the DM02 controller to 36V. Consulting with the manufacturer or a qualified e-bike technician for their expert advice is recommended, especially if you're unsure about the specific capabilities of your controller and display combination.
I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
The below is meant to stimulate you to learn a new approach, rather than insult:

If you're here to provide information, well... :(

If you were to do the contacting of your technical departments yourself, and post the actual useful answers here, you'd generate more sales.

Pushing potential customers off to "another department" makes them much more likely to just walk away and go buy something else they can get these answers on more easily.

If you're not using some AI to generate the answers, you should know that your answers read exactly as if you were, and they aren't very helpful, like most AI answers, but since you actually are part of the same company, your answers actually approach worse than useless. :(

The below is meant to stimulate you to learn a new approach, rather than insult:

If you're here to provide information, well... :(

If you were to do the contacting of your technical departments yourself, and post the actual useful answers here, you'd generate more sales.

Pushing potential customers off to "another department" makes them much more likely to just walk away and go buy something else they can get these answers on more easily.

If you're not using some AI to generate the answers, you should know that your answers read exactly as if you were, and they aren't very helpful, like most AI answers, but since you actually are part of the same company, your answers actually approach worse than useless. :(
Of course you're right, my response to contacting support was to speed up the interaction so you don't think I'm not interested.
I will contact technical support and give you the information you need technically

Of course you're right, my response to contacting support was to speed up the interaction so you don't think I'm not interested.
I will contact technical support and give you the information you need technically
Hi,

Since your in the sales department how about a discount code for our worthy hard working and retired members like me.

Thanks in Advance

Ideas are easy execution is a bitch.

Cryingmadman

Welcome to our forum, toseven.

This a DIY forum and you can expect a lot of technical questions from our members.
I strongly recommend not using AI to communicate with us. The responses are too long and not very helpful. Anyone can tell you are using AI, and we want to talk to a person, not a robot.

We are used to talking to Chinese vendors who don't speak good English. Please speak in your authentic voice, it's OK!

This a DIY forum and you can expect a lot of technical questions from our members.
I strongly recommend not using AI to communicate with us. The responses are too long and not very helpful. Anyone can tell you are using AI, and we want to talk to a person, not a robot.

We are used to talking to Chinese vendors who don't speak good English. Please speak in your authentic voice, it's OK!
Thank you for the good advice
Any inquiries from customers will be communicated with the technicians inside the factory and answer their questions
Thank you

and an American, I am actually in the market for a system, was gonna go the other route.. No, not that one I was looking at Vevor...
Cause I hate myself... and I am cheap...

and an American, I am actually in the market for a system, was gonna go the other route.. No, not that one I was looking at Vevor...
Cause I hate myself... and I am cheap...
i think theres a vendor called california ebikes they sell in America

In defense of, er -- not only To7motors, but myself too I guess, given the chatbot I make available via SMS -- that's a pretty responsible way to use modern AI: even I don't bother looking over what it's saying to people, and mine can be tricked into telling somebody how to make napalm and methamphetamine (which they all can if you know how to do it, for the record).

Disclaimer: frankly, even though it gave me answers when I "jailbroke" mine, I don't think they were the right answers. So don't waste your time ;)

actually the working voltage of DM02 is from 24-60V
only adjust the the voltage via display is ok
Hi,

I guess the sales department lost my request for a discount code.

Let me ask another simple question.

What is Toseven’s

factory warranty and what does it cover?

Regards

Cryingmadman

“Ideas are easy execution is a bitch”

Marie Antoinette

Back