Tidal Force : "The Long Ranger"

OUCH!

How long are you going to be out?

Ambrose

Oh my God. How the hell the road just dipped like that, without any warning sign?

Damn, such an innocent looking little bump too. Did you not see it, lose your balance and fall off the side ?
Having had 2 broken wrists from a trivial fall while doing a similar fairly slow speed I sympathize.

I take it this will put you out of action for work too ? Or are you just back to being on foot ?

ambroseliao said:
OUCH!

How long are you going to be out?

Ambrose

I HAVE TO GO SEE SEE AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON THIS WEEK TO SET IT AND SEE IF IT REQUIRSES PLATES OR ANYTHING. 2-3 MONTHS IN A CAST IS IN MY FUTURE.THE WRIST IS FINE YHE TIL OF T HE RADIUS AND ULNA IS WHAT I BROKE. THE RADIUS BEING A COMPRESSION BREAK WITH LOTS OF SPLINTERING AND FRAGMENTS THE ULNA WAS A FRACTURE AND THE TIP WAS CHIPPED A BIT.

Major bummer, Ice. I hope you have good insurance!

Ambrose

Hyena said:
Damn, such an innocent looking little bump too. Did you not see it, lose your balance and fall off the side ?
Having had 2 broken wrists from a trivial fall while doing a similar fairly slow speed I sympathize.

I take it this will put you out of action for work too ? Or are you just back to being on foot ?
I QUIT THE SECURITY JOB. THERE WAS INTERNAL DRAMA I DIDNT WANT TO BE APART OF. IM DOWN FOR THE COUNT FOR A WHILE ATLEAT S 2-3 MONTHS WHILE IN THE CAST. I NEED HELP WITH PAIN CONTROL NOW. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO WORK SOON.

bobale said:
Oh my God. How the hell the road just dipped like that, without any warning sign?

I THINK THE DIPS ARE THERE FOR SPEED CONTROL DURING DESCENT. THERE ARE 3 SETS OF THEM. THE LAST TIME I RODE THE TRAIL I HAD A FRONT HUB.

THE LAST TIME I RODE THIS TRAIL WAS 1 YEAR AND 9 DAYS AGO.

THE SAME SECTION OF TRAIL IS AROUND 1:00 OF THIS VIDEO.

[youtube]0VH7PqBf4eo[/youtube]

icecube57 said:
I THINK THE DIPS ARE THERE FOR SPEED CONTROL DURING DESCENT. THERE ARE 3 SETS OF THEM. THE LAST TIME I RODE THE TRAIL I HAD A FRONT HUB.
I've never seen such dips used as a way of controlling the speed. They look massive in the video.

thats terrible icecube57,hope ya heal fast. :)

Get well soon. I know how it feels like, I was unable to ride my bike for 4 months after high speed offroad crash.

I saw your X-rays, lucky it's no broken bones in the hand. My guess is that you happily ride next month. Sorry that you have to spend the best of the summer with a plastered arm.

Damn, that's a nasty break dude! :(
icecube57 said:
I HAVE TO GO SEE SEE AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON THIS WEEK TO SET IT AND SEE IF IT REQUIRSES PLATES OR ANYTHING. 2-3 MONTHS IN A CAST IS IN MY FUTURE.
Yep, that's going to be in a cast for a while and you'll definitely need some orthopedic work, a few pins at the least. You might get away with a single pin in the ulna but the radius will require a few if not a small plate and screws. I'm not a expert in the area other than having a history of 3 broken wrists but unfortunately I don't think that wrist will ever be the same again :(
If it makes you feel any better, once the pain goes away you'll still be able to ride slowly with the cast on - I did it (very akwardly mind you) with 2 casts on so you can do it with one :p

Looks like you also broke your capslock key :lol:

Hey IC57
Very sorry about your wrist. Can you COBRA the insurance from your previous job? Usually you have 60 days to do that from when you leave. Get well soon!
otherDoc

My wife is a school teacher. Im on her insurance and I believe our deductible is met.

That is really good news because I too think you will need plates and screws to immobilize those fractures. Good luck to you!
otherDoc

oh, man! i'm so sorry to hear about this! i hit a bump like that on a trail when i wasn't paying attention, my foot slipped off the (comfort bike) pedal, jammed the road, reared the back seat, and twisted the handlebars, but before i spilled i was able to jam the handlebars forward and regain control. otherwise i would have been a giant road rash.

are you scraped up too? ouch, ouch, ouch, that sucks!

take it easy, and get well soon!

White Meat!

Attachments

• SUNP0006 (Custom).JPG
    SUNP0006 (Custom).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,158
  • SUNP0007 (Custom).JPG
    SUNP0007 (Custom).JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,156
Ouch!

I've broken both bones in both wrists twice so I know your pain for sure! Once, I was standing on a skateboard talking to a girl and another girl came up behind me and kicked my skateboard. I fell straight down and broke my arm. It sucked!

I always used my broken bones down time to catch up on learning stuff.

Anyway, get well soon!

Back